If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    newport beach,ca
    Running a transmission with a bravo is nuts. It is soo weak it will not handle the increase in torque.

We can make transmissions for anyone. How many speeds do you want? We have run up to 6-speeds in europe. It was 10 inches long with rev and handled 980 hp. Full throttle push the button just like F1.

Most automotive transmissions were made for 300 hp max and then people try to use them with 800 hp and wonder why it pops.

Trs is not in production anymore and the parts are getting costly( they want you to buy the new stuff and stop fixing the old crap) The 2-speed is probably a b&m maybe a powerglide. The TRS needs a transmission because it is direct drive so they already had the cg set in the boat. Most companys did not buy into the moving of the engine part because they would have to re-tool their molds and seats ect..

This does not mean that people might be working on soulutions to this kind of question.
    pat W
    Unique Drivetrain Solutions for High Performance Vehicles
    2007 US1 National Champion SuperCat/ 2007 World Champion SuperCat / 2008 P1 Supersport World Champion / 2011 World champion Supercat

My Boats:
    24' Pantera
    Apache Jct. AZ

borg warner Trans.

I had a Borg Warner velvet Drive Trans in a 25 Baja with 330hp 454.

From what I've learned it automatically kicked into higher gear when you banged the sticks up, but was a nice slow Idle around the docks - the boat was very easy to handle in tight areas, but in the open water it kicked into the higher gear (I guess - I'm still learning about this boat that I don't own anymore...)
    I also had the TRS drive on it, - the drive was pretty tough, I beat it up pretty well and didn't have any problems.

I do believe that the added weight of the Trans slowed me down a bit and considered going to a Bravo Drive, Parts are alot easier to find for a Bravo - TRS parts are hard to find, and anyone that has one and knows what it is will probably rape you ($$$) for the parts you need.

Probably not the best info, - just conveying personal experience..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12