Best Boat cleaner / Wipe down product >

Best Boat cleaner / Wipe down product

Notices

Best Boat cleaner / Wipe down product

Old 07-03-2017, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
General question from a shine rookie- will these quick details, paint gloss, and the other quick shines help extend the life of a base coat of Collinite (or whatever) or remove/replace with a quick shine that quickly disappears?

I've used Meguiar's paint sealant which gives a quick, easy, wet look shine over a good wax base and am wondering if I was "p@@ing upwind and removing that base coat.
those quick detail sprays will NOT remove your wax. The acid based products that are for water spots will remove the wax I.E. boat bling hot sauce. Now I respect their product as a semi hard water spot remover. But the problem I have is that they claim it ads protection and gloss back in the finish as well. That's like having a right hand and left hand prop all in one. It just isn't possible.

Quick note- the real acid the pros use in the industry to remove the real hard water spots, is not something the general public is suited to ever use.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
General question from a shine rookie- will these quick details, paint gloss, and the other quick shines help extend the life of a base coat of Collinite (or whatever) or remove/replace with a quick shine that quickly disappears?

I've used Meguiar's paint sealant which gives a quick, easy, wet look shine over a good wax base and am wondering if I was "p@@ing upwind and removing that base coat.
IMO it does not remove wax. I use it for light clean up and after washing my lift kept Velocity. It removes water spots and gives a nice shine.

Padraig
Old 07-04-2017, 12:49 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

I've used both the Boat Bling Quicky Sauce and the Teague Shine and like them both. The quicky sauce is a carnuba based wax. It comes out thick and you have to work it a bit but you get that real wax'd look. Also, because it's a wax it will leave that white dust on darker painted areas if you miss it or it's in creases. It's a great, easy way to get a real wax in a bit faster than bringing out the cloth pad and various waxes.

The BioKleen / Teague Shine is a little more liquidy and less waxy. It is an absolutely GREAT quick detailer that brings out a nice shine, is super easy on and off, doesn't leave streaks and works on paint, fiberglass, glass and other surfaces.

I really like both, they both have a little different use. I use the Teague shine to quickly wipe down and keep that continuous shine going / take away water spots, etc. I use the quickie Sauce when I want to spend a little more time and lay a base coat of wax down easily. Both great products and super affordable. You can buy both of them from Teague FYI.

Tank

Last edited by thisistank; 07-04-2017 at 12:59 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

I mostly use the cheap Turtle Wax Detail Spray every day to clean the bugs, bird poo, water spots, and scum line on my boat. One of the best things I've used and half the price along with being readily available. It even enhances the shine I find like it says on the bottle. Dries quickly, no streaks, spots or anything. Works great on glass even. For $4.99 a bottle, I use it constantly. Every 2nd or 3rd time out I use the Turtle Wax Quik Wax spray. That also works fantastic and keeps things nice and non-stick.

I'm pretty particular about cleaning products and I try other stuff occasionally, and keep coming back to the cheap ole Turtle Wax.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Eliminated572
Top Coat F11
i agree. The F11 from Top Coat works well.
Attached Thumbnails Best Boat cleaner / Wipe down product-img_3058.jpg