Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
where do the little springs go: above, or under engine bellhousing? >

where do the little springs go: above, or under engine bellhousing?

Notices

where do the little springs go: above, or under engine bellhousing?

Old 07-06-2017, 09:35 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

not looking for a pat on the back can careless about that. Looking for less arguing and more listening. And me Kind of PO today does not help either.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
post number 4 in the link if someone can open it up the OEM service bulletin for do not use the springs and what happens. Like I said been posting this for years up here. You just have to listen to maybe from someone that might just know a bit more than you.

Post number # 4 try to open up the link ---- I can not open the link that I posted last year.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/d...bravo-1-a.html

merc should really update there exploded diagrams then. Everything listed on bams website references an inner transom plate part number listed above.

I looked at all serial numbers listed under bravo one and xr. Just going off what is on there diagrams.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
2003 the inner transom assembly changed It stated with a certain serial number break. I have post this for 5 years straight. Ahhh why listen me its not like I work on any boats nor sit in any of the OEM class rooms nor get any of the service bulletins - you guys are right do it how you think it goes and never listen to anyone whom knows and spend thousands dollars on OEM training, Good luck

Some of guys I would love to know what you do for living for 30 years and then come in and tell you how your job should be done without never doing it.

Why I bother sometimes is beyond me and for free
not sure why you are getting worked up. Not arguing. Going based on my findings and what's in the diagrams. Merc doesn't provide an alternative inner transom plate other than what I listed yet the diagram shows lock washers. Shame on merc.

Last edited by 1MOSES1; 07-06-2017 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

BUP, question for you and sorry for the hijack but what is the correct procedure for putting a speedmaster III back together where the transmission tailstock bolts ontop of the transom assembly mounts?