First Time at Old Hickory Advice >

First Time at Old Hickory Advice

Notices

First Time at Old Hickory Advice

Old 07-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First Time at Old Hickory Advice

This will be our first time at Old Hickory in a couple of weeks, definitely looking forward to it! We have already registered and have reservations Thurs. - Sunday at the Nashville Renaissance downtown. I know the lock-thru to downtown is sold out, but have a few questions about logistics. Is there docking available at the host marina, is it the Blue Turtle Bay Marina? Do we launch the boat at Blue Turtle (35ft Fountain)? If no docking, assume you would have to take out each day, is there truck and trailer parking on site? Any help or previous experience would be great, thanks!
Old 07-11-2017, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes, there is docking available at the host marina - Turtle Bay. We've been every year and although you may not be assigned a spot at check in, there has never been any issues with docking. Some raft off, some slips can get two, etc...

There should be no issue with your 35' - it's a tight squeeze in there but if your coming in on Thur get your boat in the water by Friday morning and beat the rush. Parking of your trailer is also close to the marina. There's a designated field where you can drop or leave connected.

Good group of people and we are looking forward to it as well.

Matt
Old 07-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Like Matt said - the marina is tight, but everyone just rafts off each other at the dock. Typical to see 3-4 boats deep off the dock. It's been no problem - everyone expects it and respects each others equipment.

It's a really good time - don't sweat the marina and docking. Just pull in and focus on having a good time!
Old 07-11-2017, 01:35 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

My first time was awesome! Good run and great people. I'll be back this year.

Old 07-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys, really looking forward to it!
Old 07-11-2017, 03:39 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Anyone know if there will be security at the docks downtown Friday night? If not, I'm sure we can hire some.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:14 PM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Looking forward to a great run! I recommend security and I'm sure they will have some but you might want to find out because last year we reserved spots on the wall and brought 4 boats from KY Lake to Nashville by water. We had a little incident down there, one boat had a few things taken off of it and the second boat was cut loose and the owner received a call at 2 AM asking him if he was okay because they found the boat down river against a barge.

Last edited by Jim Diesel; 07-11-2017 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:34 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Stay in the channel. Especially when on OH Lake.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:52 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Anyone know if there will be security at the docks downtown Friday night? If not, I'm sure we can hire some.
Yes we will have security at the downtown docks Friday night, along with a gated key code entry.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SWW17
This will be our first time at Old Hickory in a couple of weeks, definitely looking forward to it! We have already registered and have reservations Thurs. - Sunday at the Nashville Renaissance downtown. I know the lock-thru to downtown is sold out, but have a few questions about logistics. Is there docking available at the host marina, is it the Blue Turtle Bay Marina? Do we launch the boat at Blue Turtle (35ft Fountain)? If no docking, assume you would have to take out each day, is there truck and trailer parking on site? Any help or previous experience would be great, thanks!
Like Matt said you will not have to pull your boat out each night but more than likely will have to raft off of someone. You can launch at Blue Turtle but I would recommend launching at Shutes Branch depending on what time you are getting there Blue Turtle is tight already and will start getting crowded the later in the day on Thurs it gets. We will post launch ramp recommendations and truck and trailer parking within the next couple weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.