jb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice one on Ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1777199819
Old 10-15-2002, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The conley seems quite expensive, is it mostly for show? Are the motor's that most people run a little cheaper??

How does the conley hold up in a R/C Boat?
Old 10-15-2002, 03:03 PM
MIdnightRider

Well I can see this is going to get expensive. I am already going to buy the tuned pipe. What's the story on the 6 drive. Mine has a surface drive on it now. My project boat is going to be the mod. I am porting the cylinder right now. I Made cylinder shims to raise the exhaust port, a case stuffer, and made and a cylinder stuffer for the cumbustion chamber to raise the compression. Everyone knows you need compression to make a 2-stroke go! I bought race fuel on sunday and mixed it with some bean oil I had laying around, I have been running that rascal in the garage day and night tunning on it. My garage has that perfume smell of the old go cart racing days now, I love it. Midnight

The unit I just bought is 46" 's , has a 30cc air cooled with surface drive and controller. I bought it as a demo from a distrubter in my nieborhood for $650. He said he knocked of $100, plus the fifty shipping. He included some spare stuff also. To zing it needs a $125 pipe, a big bore carb, and liquid cooled cylinder, a total of about $300.

Old 10-15-2002, 03:35 PM
Registered

Originally posted by FunHome
The conley seems quite expensive, is it mostly for show? Are the motor's that most people run a little cheaper??

How does the conley hold up in a R/C Boat?
No idea how they hold up, but the cheapest way to run is pull apart an old weed wacker, you got engine, gas tank, carb exhaust..... air cooled cyl will work, not as good as water cooled (wat till a 30 min hard run, power just dies.)
Old 10-15-2002, 04:25 PM
Registered

I've got one in my closet that's been sitting there for years. It's all f'glass 36" to 40" or something like that with a weedwacker engine, radios, and a really cool outdrive that looks like an old Merc SSM drive. It needs a driveshaft to go from the engine to the drive.

I got it ina trade for a bunch of other stuff. It was for sale back then (6 or 7 years) for $700.00. If anybody's interested I'd make them a deal. Drop me an email or respond here and I'll get some pics of it.

[email protected]
Old 10-15-2002, 04:41 PM
MIdnightRider

There is a kid in my neiborhood that wants one bad. Let me know what you want, and a pic if you have one. [email protected] Midnight

Old 10-15-2002, 07:04 PM
Registered

The King of RC boats, 72" Apache
Attached Thumbnails R/C Boat, A must have!-apache2.jpg  
Old 10-15-2002, 07:12 PM
Registered

Twin 31cc Ryobi engines, clutched liquid cooled and wet exhaust:
Attached Thumbnails R/C Boat, A must have!-apache5.jpg  
Old 10-15-2002, 07:18 PM
Registered

Two Merc #6 cable drives:
Attached Thumbnails R/C Boat, A must have!-apachedrives.jpg  
Old 10-15-2002, 07:28 PM
Registered

Another view:
Attached Thumbnails R/C Boat, A must have!-apache3.jpg  

Quick Reply: R/C Boat, A must have!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.