Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Yesterday was my first time in the ocean. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34863-yesterday-my-first-time-ocean.html)

Steamin Rice 10-15-2002 12:48 PM

Uncle Toys,

Sounds like you guys had a fun time last weekend.. I grew up around boats, but spent most of my time boating on lakes until this year. We got our new boat (29' Shockwave) in May of this year and have been using it in the ocean a lot. We really have fun out there and it makes the water at Lake Havasu seem flat. Living near the coast, I like my 20 minute drive to the launch ramp in Newport compared to the 5+ hour drive to Havasu, and a lunch run on a sat is always a fun time...The problem for me is that now I want to get a 38', and we have only had this boat for 5 months!!:eek:

So when is your Top Gun going to be ready??:D:D

Uncle Toys 10-15-2002 01:22 PM

Dilemmas – starting to think I should change my display name to Uncle Dilemmas :o :o

Havasu is a big part of our lives and I really like my cat for that lake. Don’t really want to cruise around in a 38’ V-hull - too much over kill, too difficult to beach all the time (sorry Havasu Cig).

Problem is, my wife really likes the cabins. Sorry T2x, it’s not me it’s her – honest! 36Skaters wife couldn’t have been more cool and helpful. She spent all kinds of time walking my wife around their boat and selling the positives. What does my wife do? She climbs around in Nort’s Formula and gets all excited about the fluffy stuff in the cabin.

Also, after that ride home Sunday, I’m not so sure I have the experience to go fast in the ocean yet. That water was fairly intimidating!

Then there is the distance. It’s a five hour trailer pull from Havasu to the ocean. Pretty difficult to keep one boat for both.

Soooo..... I’m sure you all will come up with the obvious answer for me – two boats! Damn guys, that’s a lot of jewelry :eek: :eek:

Well, it's like my best friend has always said, "Lifes tough, then you die." :D :D

rick32 10-15-2002 02:17 PM

Toys .... ya need a 38' footer... and do the ocean gig baby !
If you would like to go smaller....The only 35' I would do is a Cig
( ** Argh ! I cant belive I just said that ! ) ........

Rick32:cool:

IDRPSTF 10-15-2002 02:34 PM

2002 35'Cigarette Playboy Edition.w/Cover Girl Cabin
500 EFI
XR Drives
Swim Platform
Custom everything
40 Hours
Wild Paint!!!
Vacu Flush Head
Myself or one of the boys here at the store will teach you how to run it untill you feel comfortable.
Or we can do the Skater thing:D
Let me know the next time your in town and we'll pull some covers and figure out exactly what your looking for.

Uncle Toys 10-15-2002 03:03 PM

Hey Ron P, you got any connections with the De Beers family. This is starting to get ugly, I think IDRPSTF is smelling fresh meat. :D :D

IDRPSTF 10-15-2002 03:04 PM

Your like a little bunny

And I am like a big bear!!!!

Airpacker 10-15-2002 03:14 PM

Hey UT,just make Matt give you 200 grand trade in on your 26 and buy a skater from him:D

IDRPSTF 10-15-2002 03:25 PM

Not a problem!!!
$200K for your boat, I can do that.
As long as you let me know that before I qoute the price of the Skater. Hell...Ill give ya $250K

And then you'll have the bragging rights of owning one of the most expensive Skaters around

Kidding

Havasu Cig 10-15-2002 03:54 PM

UT,

The ocean is definitely fun!! Believe it or not the Cig is not that bad at Havasu. With twin HP 500's it is easy to dock and beach. My cat with the blower motor and the surge at idle made it a little hard to dock at times.

The ultimate would be to have two boats though. I think a 28 skater for the lake would be nice, and keep the Cig at home for the ocean:D :D