Notices

New Drives

Old 08-04-2017, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

To answer some other questions here, 300 hours, problem free, "06 boat with stock 525's run like I actually did pay for it. These drives owe me nothing. Money spent was way under one who stated 30K. Bam Marine was the best in the entire nation, believe me I did the homework. I realize that there are some rebuilders out there that have their chit together and offer a good product. I just felt that for me, for my boat, for my boat value, genuine Merc Racing was the way to go.

End of story......................... Shipped this afternoon!
Old 08-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Talk to Mike at coastal marine exports. He has great prices on new stuff
Old 08-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 339 Likes on 118 Posts

Since we are talking drives, what is a Teague Platinum Plus upper worth with just a few test hours on it after a fresh rebuild? I bought it as a spare for my Fountain back in 2011 and it's just been sitting in my storage unit collecting dust since.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Talk to Mike at coastal marine exports. He has great prices on new stuff
I did and for sure he does.

The ones I bought from Bam must have been one of those Merc Racing deals of the week. Costal was there in the number two spot.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:02 PM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Since we are talking drives, what is a Teague Platinum Plus upper worth with just a few test hours on it after a fresh rebuild? I bought it as a spare for my Fountain back in 2011 and it's just been sitting in my storage unit collecting dust since.
Must be worth some decent money, little more with a fresh coat of wax.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
I was interested in a warranty of sorts. OEM has it's benefits. If rebuilding Bravos, I've done this, was a cake walk then every marine service shop would do it and offer warranty on their work.

You rebuild a pair of Bravos, lets say an average of 5500.00 each versa you buy new and buy smart. Then you sell off the good one, my case, and the parts of the not so good one, my case, and where exactly do you find yourself? Not so far off from the rebuild deal. So why am I such a fockin' fool to spend a few extra dollars for a better product, a warranty, and maybe some added value on a 35 Fountain that has been said to be one of the cleanest, straightest ones in the country! Opinion of others, not related to me.

Not to factor in the I keep this Biotch and fun the chit out of it for years to come!
I dig it, $11000.00 for a set of fresh rebuilds is steep.... Most marine shops are not equipped to rebuild drives, much less actually enjoy doing it. Most shops I've dealt with are just going to sell someone a new drive and be done with it not even offering the rebuild as an option, they don't want to assume any liability if it fails. I don't blame you for buying new, that'd be a nice option to have.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Trippin
I dig it, $11000.00 for a set of fresh rebuilds is steep.... Most marine shops are not equipped to rebuild drives, much less actually enjoy doing it. Most shops I've dealt with are just going to sell someone a new drive and be done with it not even offering the rebuild as an option, they don't want to assume any liability if it fails. I don't blame you for buying new, that'd be a nice option to have.
Thanks for the vote of confidence here, some seem to think I am right out of my head to even consider new. Only thing that would have been better would be one of the very few that might take the existing drives in for some sort of core value. I'm not near any of them so I'll just take a shot at selling the good one, and try for something for the rebuildable one. There are some shops out there that can do the work, just not right here in my back yard.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 569 Likes on 262 Posts

Keep one and build a Spare Then you wont be waiting next time. There WILL be a next time
Old 08-08-2017, 07:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am tooled and enjoy building drives FYI.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 414 Likes on 249 Posts

I would be interested in your old drives for the right $

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.