Notices

Skater "Rebuild" Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Good for you guys!! Heck of a boat!! I can't wait to see how it turns out!!!
Old 08-05-2017, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by FunHome
Good for you guys!! Heck of a boat!! I can't wait to see how it turns out!!!
Me too! Stop by and check it out.
Are you running the Sabre this year?
Old 08-06-2017, 12:06 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Me too! Stop by and check it out.
Are you running the Sabre this year?
Looking good!!! See you at LOTO!! Chris might bring my 28 to LOTO for the shoot out week. Plus if you don't want to take up space on the dash with vents just let the air dump out the bottom by your legs. That's how Tyson rigged the fans on the 28 and thats how it is on Double Take. Works great and simple.

Last edited by FREEDOM US1; 08-06-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
Looking good!!! See you at LOTO!! Chris might bring my 28 to LOTO for the shoot out week. Plus if you don't want to take up space on the dash with vents just let the air dump out the bottom by your legs. That's how Tyson rigged the fans on the 28 and thats how it is on Double Take. Works great and simple.
We may be putting one vent in the dash on the far right and left, and then one under the dash on each side. It would be allot of fun to run with you, along with any other outboard Skaters some time during the Shootout. Cody will not be down until Thursday night, as we are hoping to do the Poker Run on Friday. See you there!
Old 08-06-2017, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Nice project, and bravo for choosing something so nice as a base!

Excuse my ignorance, but does blowing the air from the bilge produce hot air or is it just to get some air moving at slower speeds?
Old 08-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
Nice project, and bravo for choosing something so nice as a base!

Excuse my ignorance, but does blowing the air from the bilge produce hot air or is it just to get some air moving at slower speeds?
The blowers are mainly just to move some air at slower speeds. Keep in mind that the lower bilge is in contact with cooler water, and with outboards there is no heat buildup. I have never done this before, but after being in Jim Lee's Doubletake, it makes all the difference in the world.

As far as a base, we never considered anything else, once we got the Mrs on board. We were not looking for a boat, or even a cat, we were looking for a Skater! That said, I have a 20' Cig project 3/4's completed that was put on hold for this one.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:22 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

great thread, out of all the boats i get to cut into there are few as impressive in build quality and any Skater. Core fit and laminate continuity are second to none, you can see every detail is well thought out and because there so nicely built mods like these or even repairs are much easier. Keep the pics coming . . . . .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-06-2017, 10:43 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
We may be putting one vent in the dash on the far right and left, and then one under the dash on each side. It would be allot of fun to run with you, along with any other outboard Skaters some time during the Shootout. Cody will not be down until Thursday night, as we are hoping to do the Poker Run on Friday. See you there!
Great!!! If my 28 gets there we will run together for sure!!!
Old 08-10-2017, 03:38 PM
Registered

Time for some finish work and paint. These folks take it serious! The dark spots is actually a guide coat that allows them to see the most minor imperfections.

I better catch up my sleep, as once it gets out of paint we have a pretty steep curve ahead of us.

Once completed, I will share the names and companies that I have worked through this project with.
Attached Thumbnails Skater "Rebuild" Thread-kimg0233.jpg   Skater "Rebuild" Thread-kimg0234.jpg   Skater "Rebuild" Thread-kimg0235.jpg  

Skater "Rebuild" Thread-kimg0236.jpg   Skater "Rebuild" Thread-kimg0237.jpg  
Old 08-11-2017, 07:20 PM
Registered

The dash is completed. It is back about 4" from the original dash. There will be an 8" Simrad on the sides and a 12" Garmin in the middle. The round cutouts are for the vents connected to a bilge blowers. Another vent will be directed at the legs on each side.
Attached Thumbnails Skater "Rebuild" Thread-kimg0239.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.