Reggie Fountain Talks Kilo Record, Returning to the Brand and More >

Reggie Fountain Talks Kilo Record, Returning to the Brand and More

Notices

Reggie Fountain Talks Kilo Record, Returning to the Brand and More

Old 09-27-2017, 11:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 337 Likes on 125 Posts

42PR would be the boat to have. Its the best looking fountain ever....problem is the million+ with new Merc turbo power puts you in a place where you have to look at several other offerings and weigh where you want to spend that money. OL, DCB, MTI, Mystic.....lots of decisions to make once you get in that 7 figure boat. Glad I don't have that problem of making those decisions LOL
Old 09-27-2017, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With 13 50s that boat would be Wicked crazy fast. Might even be too fast!
Old 09-28-2017, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 906 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing

860's would be ideal.....
Old 09-28-2017, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
860's would be ideal.....
Agree! 42 Poker Run 860s, M8s , 5 custom seats (RF III said it can be done), touchscreen dash.....going to buy a Powerball ticket today
Old 09-28-2017, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Hey ! Maybe we can get a discount if we order 5 of them 42 PR boats???? OK REGGIE, id like to order a round of PR's for me and my friends!.....
Old 09-28-2017, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Would love to build one, let me know when your ready.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 906 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
Agree! 42 Poker Run 860s, M8s , 5 custom seats (RF III said it can be done), touchscreen dash.....going to buy a Powerball ticket today

Powerball is 80 million, cash value of 50.6 so after 39.6 federal income tax and 3.8% obamacare tax you lose 43.4% in federal tax minus your state tax (if applicable). So you really have about 28.6 million (still huge money) but not sure I would spend a million on a new 42 PR! 28mm is huge money but not FU money that can never run out!

Now buy a used 42 with no power and have Reggie re-rig it and be into the project for less than 500K and I would think that would be reasonable!
Old 09-28-2017, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
860's would be ideal.....\

The Idea some people want to build new 42's is great, the problem is there is very few people willing to throw down the kind of money it takes to build one. To build a new one your probably talking between 750k to a million $. Alot of fountain faithful say that would be great to build one, they just dont want to pay there $ to do it. I would bet if someone offered Fountain to pay somewhere in that range they would take your money and start right up building it.

Fountains of the past were usually built in production style not one off custom style like a DCB, OL, Skater, Mystick... Fountain is not set up for production style on these boats any longer, so the pricing will more than likely be right in line with the other manufacturers.
The 1350 42 boat Ben Robertson custom built and massaged went 140 mph.
A 860 boat will probably run (based off of a turned up 700 boat that makes about the same power) 110-115 mph.
In this situation not many are going to drop 750k on a 860 motor boat that runs the same as a 8-10 year old boat with 700's turned up and they can buy that boat for 225k (almost 3 times more money for a new one).

IMO if Fountain wanted to sell new power boats they would need to come out with a newly updated power boat lineup otherwise people can buy the older models and update it themselves for cheaper than buying a new one and if you did buy your new one, how well would it hold its value since you can go buy the older boat and update it.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Powerball is 80 million, cash value of 50.6 so after 39.6 federal income tax and 3.8% obamacare tax you lose 43.4% in federal tax minus your state tax (if applicable). So you really have about 28.6 million (still huge money) but not sure I would spend a million on a new 42 PR! 28mm is huge money but not FU money that can never run out!

Now buy a used 42 with no power and have Reggie re-rig it and be into the project for less than 500K and I would think that would be reasonable!
Thats if you do zero growing or investing of the $, that follows the path of many athletes and lottery winners who don't look to tomorrow but live for today. Take $20M and invest very safe for 5% return every year or get creative and get into the double digits to grow that $$$$, now thats good income! You would have 8M earmarked for charity, family, personal etc....and 1M for a boat no sweat.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A boat is no different than anything else, I understand what you're trying to say but look at the car industry you buy a brand new car and drive it out of the parking lot and you've lost 20 to 25% of the value. New is new you can buy plenty of Used Cars 2 or 3 years older than the car you just purchased new for half the price but people continue to buy new.
For me especially in the Marine industry used is always a problem and when you say rebuild it and start a project it's not so easy and not as cheap as everyone thinks labor cost on a rebuild a lot of times as lot more expensive then buying new. I've learned from experience rebuilding erase boat that was involved in a bad accident it's a slow and painful process. It doesn't have to be if you want to throw big money at it but if you bring it to any of the top five manufacturers of fiberglass people in the country it's not cheap to cut a deck off a boat and replace it is not cheap.Sometimes new is a better alternative.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.