Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cat Lovers...Check it out !! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34896-cat-lovers-check-out.html)

timucin 10-15-2002 05:34 PM

cool!

salesmanship 10-15-2002 06:04 PM

Mike, #1 is the prototype. We decided to throw some power into it. This boat is the only one that will actually be available for sale before we fill the other 12 orders. Some will have 500's, some 575's, two are SC lites. A number of them are going w/ VI's and big power including our own 1000's.
This 1st boat will be at the Ft. Lauderdale Show. C'mon down!

SLINGSHOT 10-15-2002 06:20 PM

Originally posted by salesmanship
Mike, #1 is the prototype. We decided to throw some power into it. This boat is the only one that will actually be available for sale before we fill the other 12 orders. Some will have 500's, some 575's, two are SC lites. A number of them are going w/ VI's and big power including our own 1000's.
This 1st boat will be at the Ft. Lauderdale Show. C'mon down!

I'LL BE DOWN FOR THE MIAMI SHOW, PLEASE SEND PICS WHEN YOUR DONE..........

salesmanship 10-15-2002 06:39 PM

Shane,
Late spring.
Sure, as long as we finish the boat. You could have the rigging done but we need to cut the transoms for proper drive location.

Ted G 10-15-2002 06:40 PM

Beautiful hull! Be pretty sweet with a couple of turbines in that bad boy:D What speeds do you expect with your 1000's in it??

salesmanship 10-15-2002 07:01 PM

It's all speculation but the numbers calculate out to the 150 range. That boat will be at the Miami Show so we should have the real #'s on it by then. We'll keep you posted.

Boatlesss 10-15-2002 09:02 PM

Terry, what does the bare hull weigh?

Should be a fast boat.

salesmanship 10-16-2002 08:56 AM

Catman,
Thanks for your pm. Your points are certainly understandable but I'd like to address our philisophy with our cats. First of all though, Gary's boat seats 5 per his request but it also has jump seats behind the front bolsters for a total of 7, all others seat 6, just as big if not bigger than the pleasure skater. We just finished another custom version with a partial canopy that seats 5!
We also build big fast luxurious V bottoms. Some are built w/ large cockpits that have gone on poker runs with crews of up to 15 people. You won't be at the head of pack but you'll have a great party along the way. When we got into the cat business it was to cater to the poker run crowd that wants to go very fast in style, comfort and safety. Every one of our 50's have run between 110 -155 mph. Sitting in the back seat in ours or any other open cockpit boat at over 100 can get uncomfortable.
We don't want a big crowd in the cockpit at that kind of speed. It's unsafe and besides more weight drastically effects performance. The 36 will seat up to 6 and we think that's fine. I'm sure there is some market for the Ocean Expresses of the world but that's not what we are looking for. Every aspect of boat design has trade offs, we can't be everything for everybody so you find your niche and build the best boat you can.
Thanks for your input.
Terry

Pete B 10-16-2002 12:38 PM

Salesmenship,
Do you have any pics of the SCL version with the canopy?? also how many potential SCL boats do you currently have under construction, are the canopys pods or the indiviual canopys??
Thanks

Sean 10-16-2002 01:05 PM

salesmanship,

I've seen the 50 in person...it was owned by a gentleman in upstate NY who had a cockpit cover done by P&G canvas on L.I.

Long story short, I was very impressed by this boat...you guys do awesome work and I'm sure the 36 will be nothing short of spectacular. Good luck with the new model...will it be homologated to run Super Cat?

Sean