Notices

boating pet peeves

Old 09-01-2017, 12:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boating pet peeves

I thought about this yesterday. I was in a corner parking space. So the car on my right back end would be beside me when backing straight out. I'm lucky in that my cars curb side mirror automatically trims to curb view. So backing out I saw the mini vans trailer hitch sticking out. If I didn't have the auto adjusting mirror, would not have seen the hitch. I would have backed out and the hitch would have scraped the side of my car. That's my biggest pet peeve, people that have a hitch receiver as apposed to the ball on the top of the bumper. Its removable for a reason. So when people leave the receiver on when not towing, tick me off. I've also have walked into them in busy parking lots.

The second is jet skis at the launch ramp. I hate it when they gun them onto plane right beside the ramp and courtesy dock.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

I always leave my hitch in so be careful around me.

my boating pet peeve is loud music at raft ups. People should be courteous - not everyone wants to hear Kanye's latest **** played at volume 11.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by max930
I thought about this yesterday. I was in a corner parking space. So the car on my right back end would be beside me when backing straight out. I'm lucky in that my cars curb side mirror automatically trims to curb view. So backing out I saw the mini vans trailer hitch sticking out. If I didn't have the auto adjusting mirror, would not have seen the hitch. I would have backed out and the hitch would have scraped the side of my car. That's my biggest pet peeve, people that have a hitch receiver as apposed to the ball on the top of the bumper. Its removable for a reason. So when people leave the receiver on when not towing, tick me off. I've also have walked into them in busy parking lots.

The second is jet skis at the launch ramp. I hate it when they gun them onto plane right beside the ramp and courtesy dock.
Good luck with the hitch thing, mine stays in. Someone rearends me the hitch takes the impact not my bumper.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:40 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Everything here has a hitch with receiver and ball on it. Been this way forever.
Many lakes/ponds/rivers/ATV trails/Snowmobile Trails/ Mountain Biking trails / no trash pickup so everyone has to go to the dump/etc/etc.
Most houses have a trailer or two or three

Plus it's great to have when rear ended.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:49 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

90% of my boating pet peeves happen at the boat ramp.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd say the guy in front of you at the ramp taking 15 shots at backing the trailer in. Then has 10 people and nobody knows how to get in the boat.
And my hitch is alway in. And it's big so stay clear.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:11 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Biggest Pet peeves for ME by far

retail boat part sales and 99 % do not buy from you after all the help and not knowing their engine serial number.

caller as it goes exactly like this

I need a starter

Ok for what app ?

for my boat

OK what do you have ?

V 8

V8 what ??

Chevy I think ?

I have to deal with this everyday. And no one knows their engine serial number ever.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:13 PM
DTD
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In a no wake zone on a river or channel, already pushing a wake, and someone has to ride your ass.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

People being morons on the boat ramp. Taking up too much space, taking forever, cutting in line to get to the dock. Camping out at the dock playing with their dicks while others are waiting to get up there. Etc.

Also ****ty boat mechanics.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

My new house is just around the corner from the public boat ramp so rather than watching the morning news we just sit on the deck and watch. Every weekend there are fist fights, arguments, trucks blocking people in and cutting people off ... no ramp etiquette.....but it is entertaining.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.