Notices

Hurricane Irma vs. Florida

Old 09-14-2017, 02:10 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Well,
We fared pretty good, lost the pool-screen enclosure, (1/2 ended up in the neighbor's yard) on our house and the back yard fence had 1 of our BIG palm trees leaning at 45 Deg. over the neighbors yard. The dock/lift ended up gathering all the busted up docks upstream's lumber.... The rental house did just fine, (It always does, built like a brick sh!t house, ) lost water for 2 days, (kinda a pain in a$$) had power the whole time....

Wow, looks like you fared pretty well. Congrats.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
all
i can think about when looking at pics like this - does insurance cover this?
Tank,
We have additional ins. rider for $15,000 for the screen enclosure, the fence, and tree removal are covered under our home owners insurance, so we'll see..... Docks or any structure over water in Florida is NOT covered.... That why after 2004 'cane season, we stopped looking to move to river front, because those home/docks just get blasted.....
Old 09-14-2017, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wifes mom is in Sebring

they had minimal damage but are still without power. House was 89 degrees last night. Hard to find gas and most stores are still pretty empty but getting better. I gas when the gas stations get a shipment in the sheriff shows up with a genny to run the pumps and people are limited to what they can get. This was as of yesterday.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by cabin fever
Wifes mom is in Sebring

they had minimal damage but are still without power. House was 89 degrees last night. Hard to find gas and most stores are still pretty empty but getting better. I gas when the gas stations get a shipment in the sheriff shows up with a genny to run the pumps and people are limited to what they can get. This was as of yesterday.
I'm 99% sure Sebring owns their own electric company......it isn't part of the huge billion dollar conglomerate FPL (FL Power and Light). FPL is probably letting Sebring suffer a bit before helping them restore power.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I'm 99% sure Sebring owns their own electric company......it isn't part of the huge billion dollar conglomerate FPL (FL Power and Light). FPL is probably letting Sebring suffer a bit before helping them restore power.
I work for an electric utility. You get your own system up and running before your send your employees to help others. I'm sure they aren't letting anyone "suffer". Unfortunately it is very laborious and time consuming process. Hang in there everyone. I'm sure they are doing everything they can to get the power back on. My company has sent a large part of our work force to assist with the restoration process.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by underpsi68
I work for an electric utility. You get your own system up and running before your send your employees to help others. I'm sure they aren't letting anyone "suffer". Unfortunately it is very laborious and time consuming process. Hang in there everyone. I'm sure they are doing everything they can to get the power back on. My company has sent a large part of our work force to assist with the restoration process.
Same here. Know of several companies from the Mid Atlantic/Dominion region that have sent multiple crews down to help. Restoration when couple with damage is painstaking
Old 09-14-2017, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

21,000 Workers out there trying to restore power is a pretty damn good effort in my opinion.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

just in Georgia we had over 1,000 poles go down not counting all the wires, etc that snapped by trees so yes, monumental task is an understatement. looks like GA is going to be a 95% restored by saturday night so they are moving pretty fast everywhere.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 597 Likes on 242 Posts

Sorry i have not checked back. This site screws mwith my ipad con
stantly with logging me out halfway through a reply and the popup of Eddie Marine.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:55 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wobble
Wow, looks like you fared pretty well. Congrats.
BTW wasn't being facetious, respect for the pre-planning and for the actual hurricane preparations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.