Notices

lake Powell...state run??

Old 09-10-2017, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default lake Powell...state run??

Is lake Powell completely state park run? Was trying to find a launch that wasn't going to cost me $55 dollars for the day. so I asked if there was private marinas on the lake and was told no. Then I was debating hitting lake mead but was thinking it was ran the same way.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lake Powell is a National Park so you have to pay the Nation Park fees to get in and launch at all the marinas. You can get in with a National Park pass if you have one. The other way, although it's not legal, is to go in late at night when the entrance stations are not occupied. You're supposed to pay at the pay booths though. Yes, Lake Mead is also a National Parks lake & I believe has the same fees. Powell is a lot better lake than Mead.

Last edited by RickSE; 09-11-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Federal Run as the above poster stated. Not sure of anywhere that is $55 a day. I go about every 3-4 weeks. For a boat and truck annual is right about $60 for both. For a week it should be close to $30 for both.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

iroc fan is right on the $55. It's $25 for a 1-7 day vehicle entrance and $30 for a 1-7 day boat entrance. It's $100 for an annual pass at Powell, $50/vehicle & $50/boat.