Superboat Buys Kryptonite Molds

Notices

Superboat Buys Kryptonite Molds

Old 09-25-2017, 07:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by GRH
Just over a week ago John Coen told me this was supposed to be a secret? maybe why he was "unavailable" for comment?
John Jr. posted about this on his Facebook page a few weeks ago. Not sure if it's a secret or not.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:04 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
John Jr. posted about this on his Facebook page a few weeks ago. Not sure if it's a secret or not.
well it's not anymore...lol... it's exciting news for sure...
Old 09-25-2017, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Now this is cool!
Old 09-25-2017, 09:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Possible converting to outboards might bring in some sales.
Thats the first thing I thought when I read the article... Merc 400 Clip ons would make some worry free fast boats.

There is a Superboat build thread running right now.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...-new-home.html
Old 09-25-2017, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know either brand very well, but it seems these two brands more alike than different and that now the offering is two closely aligned models in each size.

Normally acquisitions tends to be targeted at filling a hole in an existing lineup.... like say lack of a center console, or deck boat etc...

Am I missing something (very possible ) or just don't know the lineups very well?

Uncle Dave
Old 09-25-2017, 12:27 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Don't know either brand very well, but it seems these two brands more alike than different and that now the offering is two closely aligned models in each size.

Normally acquisitions tends to be targeted at filling a hole in an existing lineup.... like say lack of a center console, or deck boat etc...

Am I missing something (very possible ) or just don't know the lineups very well?

Uncle Dave
30 Superboat 27/29 Kryptonite are extremely different. As stated in the article, the main reason for the purchase was the center console. Coen gave me full permission to tell Matt about the purchase.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
30 Superboat 27/29 Kryptonite are extremely different. As stated in the article, the main reason for the purchase was the center console. Coen gave me full permission to tell Matt about the purchase.
GOT it thanks. Makes sense.

I missed the piece about the CC as I caught a piece of this in another forum.

I believe we will see more consolidation in this industry.

UD
Old 09-25-2017, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Uncle Dave

Keep in mind this was just a deal for the molds (like the West Coast - Hallett deal last week). There probably isn't a lot of money changing hands and I believe both companies were not actively producing boats (Hallett/Kryponite). So maybe it was a favor type deal to move the molds over or a little cash flow for the former owners but unless buyers are standing there with orders and checks in hand I don't really know what difference the owner or location of the molds makes.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Keep in mind this was just a deal for the molds (like the West Coast - Hallett deal last week). There probably isn't a lot of money changing hands and I believe both companies were not actively producing boats (Hallett/Kryponite). So maybe it was a favor type deal to move the molds over or a little cash flow for the former owners but unless buyers are standing there with orders and checks in hand I don't really know what difference the owner or location of the molds makes.
I noticed it said molds, not the company, but I was missing big a chunk of data namely the CC part.

Hallet had diversified its income some with other glass projects. They were also able to sell every demo boat they built before completion so they weren't devoid of all sales, but apparently still not busy enough to keep the owners interested in keeping the shop open.

Its hellishly expensive to run a legitimate boat shop in Cali, the insurance and regulations alone are a nightmare.

Sounds like the new Supernite/Kryptoboat will be a brand to watch.

UD
Old 09-25-2017, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I noticed it said molds, not the company, but I was missing big a chunk of data namely the CC part.
Hallet had diversified its income some with other glass projects. They were also able to sell every demo boat they built before completion so they weren't devoid of all sales, but apparently still not busy enough to keep the owners interested in keeping the shop open.
Its hellishly expensive to run a legitimate boat shop in Cali, the insurance and regulations alone are a nightmare.
Sounds like the new Supernite/Kryptoboat will be a brand to watch.

UD
In the Hallett case, the owner/founder died earlier this year (from SOTW):
Anyone who ever crossed paths with Nick Barron, the founder of the iconic Southern California boat company Hallett Boats, for sure has a story about the first time they met the man who took pride in bringing families together on the water. He was an impressionable person to say the least, and judging from the outpouring of support expressed toward his immediate family and his boating family since his passing on Thursday, March 2, following a setback in his battle with cancer, his impact was widespread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.