Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tires turn wrong way! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35113-tires-turn-wrong-way.html)

MrCIG 10-18-2002 03:22 PM

I sure am glad you all got that there moron over dare by yous all.
We gots a nuff of dem over here. uh huh
:D
Mark

fred 10-18-2002 03:33 PM

Got that Cig winterized yet Mark?

MrCIG 10-18-2002 03:42 PM

No I'm pulling it out Sunday. I was going to do it Tommrow but I'm going to Florida for the day to look at a boat with a friend of mine. Should be a nice day for a plane ride. 80 and Sunny in Fla.

Fred you going to the C.O.P.s party?

Mark

mopower 10-18-2002 03:47 PM

Hey Cigarette 1... didn't SHE tell you they wouldn't fit:D :D . Now who's really the moron:confused: :D :D :D

ClassCig38 10-18-2002 03:53 PM

Too funny, there. We have our share of morons here, as well. I used to have a '94 Chevy Blazer and Mark took it to a Just Tires place and to all fours and spare replaced. We'll I drove it the next day and it felt thumpy and didn't feel right. Drove over to the building where Mark and our buddy were working on their boats and he takes a look. Freaks didn't tighten the lugs!! They were barely finger tight. :mad:

fred 10-18-2002 04:11 PM

Mark, I don't think I will be able to make it to the C.O.P.s party but have a good time, I'm sure thats a real good party..........."Dock E Rocks"....Fred

buck183 10-18-2002 09:03 PM

Here's one for you guys. I have people call me on a weekly basis and order Bedliners for their trucks over the phone. I ask them the make and model of their truck and if it's a Long Bed or Short Bed. The most common answer I get...."It's a regular bed". Here's the deal. depending on the age of the customer a "regular bed" is EITHER long or short. Something even funnier. Most don't know if they have a Long Bed or Short Bed truck. They usually have to go measure their bed and call me back.

You would think they know what they are getting when they purchase the truck.

Buck

Rambunctious 10-18-2002 09:26 PM

i bought BFG's for my new GMC in 1996. took the truck from the dealer to the tire place. had the 33" BFG's installed at Discount tire. they were great. even put my 1 day old truck in their shop becasue it was going to rain.

I moved from detroit area to holland. well, my BFG's have a lifetime rotation and balance. Being Dutch, i drove 36 miles into Grand Rapids to the local discount tire to get my "Free rotation and balance" .

I'm driving home and 10 miles down the road i hear a wham!!!!

hmmmmmmmmmm. 10 miles later another WHAM!!! and then a third!!!!!

I go strait to my trusty tire place in Holland where i buy trailer tires and they tell me the tires have the wrong radius, wrong profile weights on. all haning on the outside. Well some of them. I lost three weights on the way home. and every tire was out of balance!!!! including the ones that still had all weights. they showed me the readings on thier machine.

$30 bucks later i had the proper wieghts on.

live and learn.

ragtop409 10-18-2002 09:49 PM

I worked at an autobody shop for a sometime and a lady came to get her car one day. I had just finshed washing and vacuming it when she got there. She came out went to get in her car and got irate said the car was not exeptable and went back into the office. Turns out she was on her way home from the tire shop and they had put all here tires with the white lettering so it was at the top and bottom uniformly. And now they were all mesed up. The bos tried to explain to her that when you go around turs they will change but I had jacked each tire up and fixed it before he got done clming her down and she left happy. Her tires were fixed. :rolleyes: