Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   apba Bahamas (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35141-apba-bahamas.html)

DJD 10-18-2002 08:44 PM

apba Bahamas

I havent heard much on the race other than a few teams having trouble with the boat taking everything over. How many boats went over???
How about Key West? Are alot of boats signed up? I hear apba is charging teams something like $3 per foot for support vehicles & boats in the pits. Is that true?

outer42 10-19-2002 09:33 AM

You probally won't hear anything till they get back. I'll be in sarasota this weekend if you're gonna be ther i'll take you on the run. thats some **** if allweis did do that. He's got to pay the bills,but should have told the racers. sea ya

Gordo 10-22-2002 11:38 PM

Re: apba Bahamas

Originally posted by DJD
I hear apba is charging teams something like $3 per foot for support vehicles & boats in the pits. Is that true?
Sounds like somebody's pulling your leg about the $3 per foot deal.
I don't think anyone had any trouble getting boats &/or equipment over there. Considering it was a first time event with logistic hurdles outthe wazuu, I thought everything went pretty good.

Pete B 10-23-2002 12:38 AM

Gordo,
what were the boat totals???

MoneyShot 10-23-2002 07:20 AM

40 boats- and heard the event went well. My boat did not make it due to time frame. We will make Key West.

Pete B 10-23-2002 07:50 AM

Thanks Moneyshot,
it being the first year for the bahamas, and from what everyone says was a good event, why the small show, 40 boats for the nationals. i guess if you werent in the hunt for national title it was money saved. good luck at the worlds.

Ms. INXS 10-23-2002 10:54 AM

Re: Re: apba Bahamas

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Gordo

Sounds like somebody's pulling your leg about the $3 per foot deal.
I don't think anyone had any trouble getting boats &/or equipment over there. Considering it was a first time event with logistic hurdles outthe wazuu, I thought everything went pretty good.

Hey Gordo - it was great meeting you in the Bahamas - now I have a face to put with the name. I thought the Bahamas venue was fabulous. Congratulations to Hidden Agenda for their 2nd place win - I know the team was very excited. See everyone at World's - look for our pleaseure boat "Just Say No" - we will be staying at the Gallion Marina - stop by for a cocktail. Here is a cool shot I took of our boat 2 weekends ago.

Jana 10-23-2002 01:00 PM

Wow!!! I gotta get John to teach me to do that.

Back on topic - Second on the congratulations to Hidden Agenda!

DJD 10-23-2002 02:46 PM

Gordo, I can't recall where I heard that but hopefully your right!
I did hear there was a bit of confusion but as you said, it was the first event there so I'm sure anyone would have hit a few wrinkles.
Glad to hear everyone had fun!
Who ended up crossing by boat from Stuart? How did the trip go?

PokerFace 10-23-2002 03:32 PM

Bahamas was great! Three boats went from Stuart..Powerboattours.com Offshoreonly.com and Bill Park's Velosity. 10-12 foot seas I heard from Steve. Thanks to Steve for all his help as a sweep boat Saturday and Pace Boat on Sunday. Great Vortec Super Vee Light single race with five boats in the class all bunched up for more than half the race...what a show. Great Venue and weather...I will try to post some Video of the Sunday races :D