Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   may be you've seen but interesting ettore pics.. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35163-may-youve-seen-but-interesting-ettore-pics.html)

Iggy 10-19-2002 01:40 PM

WOW!!!!
Can you say submarine....
What a sequence...and you're right, it would make a good poster.

kitten 10-19-2002 03:30 PM

holy-be-jesus

:confused:

Havasu Cig 10-19-2002 03:35 PM

Scott Conrad (the new owner of Dick Simon Marine) was throttling the boat when that happened. He has a plaque from the Powerboat Mag article about it in his office at DSM.

IDRPSTF 10-19-2002 05:28 PM

You would think something like that would slow you down a bit. Scot still runs full throttle. I was in the back of one of our race boats at the Long Beach SCOPE Poker Run while Scot ran the boat. It is absolutly amazing to see the differance between a good and bad Throttleman. Scot can drive a boat. Not to start rumors but there have been a lot of pictures around here of Skater Race Layups!:D

Havasu Cig 10-19-2002 05:56 PM

Rumor...I thought the boat was already on order:D

jb 10-19-2002 05:59 PM

awesome pics

shifter 10-20-2002 01:19 AM

Powerboat is going to use the Ettore stuff in the 2003 calender. The pictures were taken by Tom Newbie from powerboat he does excellent job at being in the right place. I was flying right behind them when that happened. Tough seeing your friends in trouble. There was a funny part to that whole accident. we were in the safety chopper and we were right on the boat after the stuff. The boat was still running on one motor and the divers were trying to jump. We were right in front of them and I saw Jim come out but not Scot. I got Jims attention with the cut throat sign to stop the motor so the divers could jump and he looked at Scot who was unconsious and he just shrugged his shoulders.. I was at a loss for other signals so I was making stirring signals and he got it. Finally :rolleyes: Sheeesh
It was an incredible thing to witness and I hope never to see it again.
pat W
We do have the negs of the one pic of them jumping thanks to Tank.

Mike J 10-20-2002 08:46 AM

The Races were in Ventura
a few weeks ago, The crane
was in Powerboats parking
Lot.
I ask some people I know
If they had any copies of
the Ettore"Stuff",Yes they
still have some.
Its the January 2002 issue
Check with Craig Cleaver
[email protected]
805-639-2222
I think Cleaver is on this
Board.
Mike J.

jb 10-20-2002 08:41 PM

Shifter, That had to be tough to watch beeing the safety chopper.
Your perspective on the dramatics of the situation is a little different than most.
But they are so glad you were there to see it and react so quick~

incredible shots nonetheless