Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Speed Kills movie update, with VR footage, release date >

Speed Kills movie update, with VR footage, release date

Notices

Speed Kills movie update, with VR footage, release date

Old 11-21-2018, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

This film has already been yanked from all of my local theaters. I want to see the crappy race scene and was going to go to the theater today. Anyone have a link to the free stream?
Old 11-21-2018, 12:20 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
This film has already been yanked from all of my local theaters. I want to see the crappy race scene and was going to go to the theater today. Anyone have a link to the free stream?
There is no free streaming version that I know of. Only paid streaming rentals.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
There is no free streaming version that I know of. Only paid streaming rentals.
if anyone wants the free stream link shoot me a pm...

Don’t know now how long it will last.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

By the way...saying this movie is a turd, as an insult to turds everywhere. This thing, I can’t call it a movie is god awful.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:31 AM
Registered

Someone was kind enough to pm me a way to watch it for free! Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
JBS tried.......
Richy Rich said he was working on a TV show and he wanted to use my boat, I said no thanks, just paint it... he couldn't even get that right...
Old 11-22-2018, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

I watched about 30 minutes of it last night. It really surprises me that they could F this up that badly. To start with, the cast is NOT bad at all and is filled with some really actually good actors. I don't necessarily care for Travolta's over the top hammy acting style as of late (his early stuff was great) but he actually did pretty decent in the part. But you have a good supporting cast as well, Matthew Modine, James Remer, Tom Sizemore and especially Jordi Molla. The story is strong too, based on a true story with some Hollywood BS thrown in for more drama. Where it failed I think was the directing, the actors seems lost at times. The editing was HORRID - choppy, rushed and thrown together, 100% lack of character buy in and build up and the lack of finances showed in set design, location, etc. In the end the lack of funding, poor editing and directing KILLED this movie. Just simply horrible. Too bad. It could have been done properly if Scot Free pictures would have retained it and ran with the production.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:32 AM
Registered

I managed to squeeze this film into my Thanksgiving morning before the football fun begins and going in with extremely low expectations I have to say that I enjoyed it. John Travolta was well cast for this role and did a good job and probably saved the movie from being a complete train wreck. Based on reviews here I was expecting maybe ten minutes of boat action but was glad to see quite a bit more than that. Of course we are going to notice all of the inaccuracies but the average person will not. Speaking of inaccuracies is that a Donzi running with the little Bertram near the beginning before "Ben" even started building boats? The "rough water" racing sequence was every bit as ridiculous as already stated! All in all for what is essentially a direct to video film, the theater run near me lasted for all of one week, it was pretty decent. Did anyone else think the lawyer looked like Sonny Crockett? I liked this film but, again, I went in with very low expectations and I watched it for free.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I managed to squeeze this film into my Thanksgiving morning before the football fun begins and going in with extremely low expectations I have to say that I enjoyed it. John Travolta was well cast for this role and did a good job and probably saved the movie from being a complete train wreck. Based on reviews here I was expecting maybe ten minutes of boat action but was glad to see quite a bit more than that. Of course we are going to notice all of the inaccuracies but the average person will not. Speaking of inaccuracies is that a Donzi running with the little Bertram near the beginning before "Ben" even started building boats? The "rough water" racing sequence was every bit as ridiculous as already stated! All in all for what is essentially a direct to video film, the theater run near me lasted for all of one week, it was pretty decent. Did anyone else think the lawyer looked like Sonny Crockett? I liked this film but, again, I went in with very low expectations and I watched it for free.
Agreed. It's entertaining enough for a cheesy B movie. Travolta did good. the supporting cast did well. The directing and editing was just horrible though. I'll watch the rest when I have time. It wasn't even the stupid inaccuracies that bothered me, it was the rushed feeling. If you didn't already know this story you'd be like, "WTF is going on?".
Old 11-22-2018, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell, I didn't think it was that bad. Cheesy as all get out....sure. Some of the scenes are incorrect and horrendously inaccurate, but it wasn't the worst I've seen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.