Hey left coasters I need an opinion on a 2000Nordic flame >

Hey left coasters I need an opinion on a 2000Nordic flame

Notices

Hey left coasters I need an opinion on a 2000Nordic flame

Old 10-19-2002, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hey left coasters I need an opinion on a 2000Nordic flame

I have a chance to pick up what seems to be an great deal on a brand new 2000 Nordic flame that was bank repo-ed from a dealer and has been in storage. One problem I have is that I am not that familiar with that brand of boat. It looks solid and well built and fast. I am going to test ride it on Monday with GPS in hand.

I need input on quality, resale value, or anything else you guys can give me about the copany and this model

Thanks

Bob Scanlon
Old 10-19-2002, 10:12 AM
Rick252

I've never owned one but from the ones I've seen the're a nice boat
http://www.nordicpowerboats.com
Maybe this can help

Old 10-19-2002, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Very nice piece: great gel coat, usually good graphics, straight lines, usually fast with right amount of HP. Its generally a smooth water boat, maybe two footers. If you're lucky and its two years old you may get a Hoss trailer with it or better yet an Extreme...
Old 10-19-2002, 12:40 PM
Tom
Registered

I tested all the Nordic models before I bought my batboat and was really impressed with them for the price. They seemed very well built, handled well, and the company was comitted to quality. The boats were comparable to the name brands and cheaper. The people I met that bought Nordic boats seemed really happy with them and almost as rabid fans as batboat or skater owners, but then again so are every other boat fans. If you can get even a very good deal jump on it. Some of the Havasu guys should know more since I think they are made there.

Tom
Old 10-19-2002, 02:31 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Burtandnancy...you're way off of the 2 footers flat water deal. My Nordic 28' doesn't even blink at that stuff, in fact it's boring. It has a standard 24 degree transom deadrise. I was out on a 35' Flame on Lake Mich a couple of weekends ago. 2'-4' rollers were not even a challenge for it. It runs 78 (gps) with 496HOs, bone stock engines and props (28 Bravos), 50 mph @ 3200. The same boat with 500s runs 90+. I know some who run a Flame in big water and it works real well, however if it gets to a certain point, the Cigs and similar boats will fare better, but at that point it's getting pretty bad out there. The hull is very well behaved at any speed, gets out of the hole very well and flys level when launched. The cabin has very good head room and can be configured in a few different ways. Nordic's tooling is excellent and the hull is straight as an arrow. The stainless steet grab and bow rails are exceptional in their workmanship and have a unique oval cross section. Nordic takes the time and effort to differentiate itself from other manufacturers. Most of the boats appointments are made in house to their standards. Structurally the foundation is four beefy full length stringers, hand laid glass with vinylester resins (I've been to the factory several times) and plenty of bulkheads. Bow entry angle is not as sharp as a Cig/Powerplay etc, but it's not shallow either. It has a very nice lines and unique styling. It was a blast to drive. The cockpit has a fiblerglass liner and there is plenty of room for the rear seat pasengers, albiet at the expense of a cramped engine compartment. The bolsters have a tendancy to be a little too far from the helm for my liking and some others I've talked to. I moved the bolsters up 3" in my boat for a better fit. If it comes with a Nordic trailer, it'll rust out on you if you boat in salt water. I have friends with the trailer in fresh water and the trailer holds up fine, but my trailer will be ready for the can in a couple of more years.

Last edited by Indy; 10-19-2002 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-19-2002, 02:50 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

now what are you looking at???????? LOL

One thing I found is that west coast boats dot seem to sell well in NY. If people aren't familiar with it they tend to shy away. But they always get a good review in the boat mags.

Call me when you get a chance. A friend is bugging me to ask you a question. I tried to call you a few times but you are never home.

Paul
Old 10-19-2002, 03:19 PM
Tom
Registered

Indy,
That was the best boat owner review I have ever read. Good points, bad points, structural items, and an obvious love for your boat. The comparison to other boats was fair and honest. I wish everyone would follow your style. So many just say "mine is better than everyone elses and has nothing wrong with it," which is never true, except my boat

Your review reminded me of how much I liked the Nordic boats, I still think they are a great buy for the money.

Tom
Old 10-19-2002, 03:30 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

If Indy can , he might do us the pleasure of posting a few pics of that bad boy...

I've seen his boat and everything he says is true . The boat is gorgeous and runs really well.

I'd be proud to own one....
Old 10-19-2002, 04:03 PM
jb
Registered

I know the Nordic you are looking at.. It has been sitting in a warehouse.\. It was a repo from a dealer so its not like it was abused or anything like that.
We considered the boat hard but it was stripped. Cabin had nothing in it. Icebox, no shorepower etc...Just get it before it sits outside all year in the snow. It wont get covered where it is! You should be able to talk Dick down!!!!
I would be surprised it 80 was gps with those 502's. Not sure the 496 ho's even get 80 out of it. It is cheap as far as price goes. Resale may be tough...thats why its so cheap now. It is a beautiful ride. If it had a nice cabin, I would have bought it already!!! The sliding electric cabin door was not enough for the wife!!
Good luck, and have fun(dress warm for the test!)Tell Dick I said Hi!
Oh yeah on the Bolster thing, my friend who is 5'8" got behind the wheel and was 4 inches from the beginning of the bolster. He would have had to move em for sure.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/2/34795552.htm

its agood deal compared to this...
2000 NORDIC, 35ft - - Flame, twin 502's, K-Planes, hyd steering, nice 35' of fun, now only $104,995, call THE BOAT BROKER, 1-800-488-0258 or go online to www.TheBoatBroker.com, See Photo

Last edited by jb; 10-19-2002 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:32 PM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Thumbs up Ive owned a Nordic

There isn't much more that I could add to what Indy has already said. But here goes. Orville Sommerstedt IS Nordic. He started the boat company over 30 years ago and is still designing and molding new creations in his shop. And he still owns the company. He builds a fantastic boat.

I also can't think of anything that Nordic farms out. I believe that they make everything in house except maybe the guages etc.

My 28 Heat handled 3 to 5 footers at Lake Powell and it can get nasty there.

One of the few things I didn't like was the windshield. On the Flame they did a much better job. I just wish they would get rid of it altogether. But then I guess that's a Nordic signature.

Quick Reply: Hey left coasters I need an opinion on a 2000Nordic flame

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.