Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   gaffrig performance and gaffrig by livorsi?!?any difference (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35214-gaffrig-performance-gaffrig-livorsi-any-difference.html)

timucin 10-20-2002 07:24 PM

gaffrig performance and gaffrig by livorsi?!?any difference

two gaffrig companies,same prices,same models
is there any quality difference between them?

Audiofn 10-20-2002 07:26 PM

Quality difference is a matter of opinion. HOWEVER the Lavorsi are the ones you see in most HP boats.

You sure do a lot of research :D:D

Jon

timucin 10-20-2002 07:29 PM

Originally posted by Audiofn

You sure do a lot of research :D:D

Jon

believe me I will become an expert soon...

DanL 10-20-2002 07:39 PM

Livorsi is not doing well in my eyes as their customer. First, they send the wrong senders, so I ordered the new redline gauges that went with them. Within 20 seconds of each other, both oil pressure gauges went to zero. We put a mechanical gauge on the engine and it was making oil pressure. After a talk with Ed at Livorsi, he assured me it wasn't their stuff that went wrong. I sent the gauges 3 weeks ago along with the senders. WELL, after checking the senders, they found that both were defective. Livorsi sent 2 more senders. Did they pressure check the senders before sending the new ones? No. And? 2 more defective senders are now on their way back to Livorsi.

KAAMA 10-20-2002 08:00 PM

I just bought 2 new water temp gauges from Gaffrig (Livorsi) along with 2 of their new water temp sending units as well. I'm not sure if they're reading correctly. I'm going to use an infared heat sensing tool that my cousin has to pinpoint the temps in various areas of the engine and components---especially around the sending units in the intake manifolds. I got my stuff Ed at Gaffrig/Livorsi as well. Ed has been helpful, but if these don't work he going to get some return items as well!

BTW, Someone was telling me that there is a new instrument making company that is coming out very soon that is supposed to be superior to the Gaffrig/Livorsi line. :)

timucin 10-20-2002 08:08 PM

I bought more then 60 gauges in two years from Gaffrig performance.I had no problem.Mike shoulz is the owner and there is another Mike as salesperson.Friendly people.I advice ; you should try them..

I can also arrange some discounts ; if interested

Von Bongo 10-20-2002 08:43 PM

I hate to jump on this band wagon and if I am wrong I will print a retraction, but the spedo in my new pantera reads 5-6 mph low and the volt meter is pegged and appears to be bending the needle post.

It's a new boat so maybe I have a problem with the charging system, but we will see. I hope this isn't a sign of the times.

I'll update you when I have some more information.

envision 10-20-2002 10:31 PM

I live a few minutes away from Livorsi in Grayslake. When I lost some parts while installing a bezel, I just carried it in and Mike fixed it, added a second trim switch at reasonalbe cost, almost immedaitely.

Good service has to count for something.

26ZX Donzi 10-22-2002 08:42 AM

I cannot speak to any quality difference between Gaffrig Performance and Gaffrig Precision Instruments (Livorsi). I have only had Gaffrig Precision Instruments and other products from Livorsi Marine. I have not had any issues with their gauges whatsoever.

I did have Livorsi install an "Extreme Supercharger" on my Donzi. There were some ECU issues as this was one of their first installs on a 502. Mike Livorsi bent over backwards doing all he could to correct this problem as quickly as possible. He spent a bunch of his time and money to make it right.

Customer satisfaction is Mike's number one priority. If you are having unresolved issues bring them to his attention. I truly believe he will stand behind his product 100%.

Just a satisfied customer,

Tim Fitzgerald

Indy 10-22-2002 09:01 AM

I had a failed gauge from Gaffrig by Livorsi and they replaced it without question. I also had them reverse the cant on my shifter and throttle and they turned it around in one day so I wouldn't miss any boating time on the weekend. Ed Manion was also very pleasant to work with and took his time telling me how to install the new unit. Customer service was top notch as far as I'm concerned.