Notices

When Racing was real!

Old 12-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts
Default Re: When Racing was real!

"HEY PHRAGLE I THINK IT SOUNDS COOL. I DON'T THINK IT WOULD BE A DOUBLE POINTS THING THOUGH THAT WOULD BE TO MUCH $$$ BURDEN ON TEAMS" exactly why it SHOULD be a double points race..to reward the teams that take up the challange!! if your going to invest that much money, blood sweat and tears, it should be double points!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
"HEY PHRAGLE I THINK IT SOUNDS COOL. I DON'T THINK IT WOULD BE A DOUBLE POINTS THING THOUGH THAT WOULD BE TO MUCH $$$ BURDEN ON TEAMS" exactly why it SHOULD be a double points race..to reward the teams that take up the challange!! if your going to invest that much money, blood sweat and tears, it should be double points!!!!!!
I HEAR YA AND I'M IN. I JUST THINK THAT THERE ARE I LOT OF TEAMS THAT JUST CAN'T AFFORD A RACE LIKE THAT. WHAT GROUP DO YOU THINK WOULD TRY TO PULL AN EVENT LIKE THIS OFF ?
Old 12-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

How bout OPA/OSS......

Maybe Rocki Aoki can put his name on it! Pt. Pleasant to Lido Beach, out to Fire Island and back....
Old 12-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Registered

well..if it was done iroc style like mentioned, get everybody involved, sit down hammer out the classes as fairly as possible ..kep it simple open cat, open vee...a couple factory classes, then one group puts on the start, another pit one, another pit two, another the finish, rotate next championship so every body gets a turn over the years, each pit can be a showcase for that particular promoter that way everybody shares the expense, the exposure and the glory

"I JUST THINK THAT THERE ARE I LOT OF TEAMS THAT JUST CAN'T AFFORD A RACE LIKE THAT. " thats just it, endurance racing is more mental than mechanical..you have to be smart enough to keep the boat together, sure the motors and drives will need to be freshened up after the race and thats expensive and from the sponsors..merc etc..contigencies, say your running sterling motors, your boat is inspected pre race and is on display..people see those shiny motors and see the big sterling motors stickers on the side of your boat, so say sterling offers a contigency for the open vee class, if your the 1st place boat and have sterling motors and a sterling decals on your boat and you have an advertising release with them, you get your motors freshened free, 2nd place with sterling motors, same deal but you got second so 50% off the rebuilds

Last edited by phragle; 12-18-2006 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Registered

well..if it was done iroc style like mentioned, get everybody involved, sit down hammer out the classes as fairly as possible ..kep it simple open cat, open vee...a couple factory classes, then one group puts on the start, another pit one, another pit two, another the finish, rotate next championship so every body gets a turn over the years, each pit can be a showcase for that particular promoter that way everybody shares the expense, the exposure and the glory

"I JUST THINK THAT THERE ARE I LOT OF TEAMS THAT JUST CAN'T AFFORD A RACE LIKE THAT. " thats just it, endurance racing is more mental than mechanical..you have to be smart enough to keep the boat together, sure the motors and drives will need to be freshened up after the race and thats expensive and from the sponsors..merc etc..contigencies, say your running sterling motors, your boat is inspected pre race and is on display..people see those shiny motors and see the big sterling motors stickers on the side of your boat, so say sterling offers a contigency for the open vee class, if your the 1st place boat and have sterling motors and a sterling decals on your boat and you have an advertising release with them, you get your motors freshened free, 2nd place with sterling motors, same deal but you got second so 50% off the rebuilds
I STILL LOVE IT BUT THE DOUBLE POINTS WOULD PUT TO MANY TEAMS COMPETING FOR A TITLE IN A BAD $$$ WAY.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Registered

its only money..you can always make more
Old 12-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Registered

its only money..you can always make more
OH I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT ME. SET IT UP AND ME AND DC ARE RACIN
Old 12-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Registered

manhattan express was out of mamaroneck around the early 80s along with jesse james team
Old 12-19-2006, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 79 Posts

Hey what is all this talk about ......do you think the racing of the old days was any different than today???

more photos at www.historicraceboats.com

By the way, this is a 38 foot Bertram at speed.
Attached Thumbnails When Racing was real!-bertram0002-small-.jpg  
Old 12-19-2006, 07:49 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Nice pic, looks BIG!!

Quick Reply: When Racing was real!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.