Sniper caught? Breaking news.. >

Sniper caught? Breaking news..

Notices

Sniper caught? Breaking news..

Old 10-24-2002, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Right on CJC!...Events and people like this pair of scumbags conjure up the best of emotions!

TomZ,
I respectfully disagree. When a guy decides to go from being known as John Williams to John Muhammad and is quoted as having "sympathy for Islamic Terrorists" I would think that fits the definition of Islamic Extremist....I agree though that you have to be whacked out of your skull to do what he did
Old 10-24-2002, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by TomZ
This/these guy/guys is/are not a "Islamic Extremeist(s)"... the only thing this guy was trying to do was line his pockets. Doing things for a cause that you believe in, well that's one thing... doing things because you're whacked out of your skull, well that's another thing, too. But killing innocent people for the sole purpose of greed (and making it look like some serial killer on top of it) is waaaayyyy beyond low.

Being stuck in the middle of all this (it felt soooo good to be able to walk out of the house this morning and not be worried about being shot) it's hard to even come up with a way to feel about it all.

Let's just hope that this is the end of it.
Well put.

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

Baja Daze,

The step-son was connected to the bank account in Jamaica that the "sniper" was trying to have funds/ransom/$10 million wired to. How is that not a heist?? The extremeist crap is nothing more than sensationalistic journalism. They have been crying "terrorist" since the very beginning. I don't think so.

Heist, heist, heist. Totally.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:56 AM
Registered

TomZ,

I resepectfully disagree. Although they may have been attempting to extort money from U.S. Banks or the government, what Baja Daze is exactly right. You are correct in he is definitely whacked out of his gord, but so are people who die for their cause! Although there has been no release of information tying him to any specific grouip of terrorists to the best of my knowledge, his empathy for terrorist groups, muslim and islamic extremeists, and his actions are CLEARLY that of a TERRORIST!
Old 10-24-2002, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

I didn't say that the men were not terrorists; what I was trying to get across is that these men did not do it for Allah or God or whatever. They did it to get paid. They had the bank account in Jamaica and they had indicated that they wanted an electronic funds transfer which the police said they could not do. How is that not a heist??
Old 10-24-2002, 11:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw the noon news and reports are the cops found a rifle of .223 caliber in the car and are now doing ballistic tests on it.
They are also wanted in connection to a murder in Alabama(??) that occured outside a liquore store in September.

Lets keep hoping it's them.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:41 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Wanna bet they can't afford legal counsel ?

Then , guess who gets to pay for their lawyers ?

We do....

Maybe Johnnie Cochrane will pop out from under his rock to do it pro bono..
Old 10-24-2002, 12:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree with pulling off a heist as being the prime motive, after all it is money that they demanded. But I'm still of the opinion, that he is an islamic extremist. 1)He is admittedly Islamic and 2)I think we all agree that what he did is a little on the extreme side of things.

That in and of itself is not saying anything towards his affiliations with any one particular group or having terrorist ties.

I must say however, that I'll be damned if what he has done in the last month or so didn't terrorize that region.

Old 10-24-2002, 12:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wes,
I'm afraid you're right...

I'm also willing to say that it'll be months, if not years, before the trial is complete...Let's just watch to see how many ACLU, etc. type groups get all over this one!
Old 10-24-2002, 12:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tom,
btw, I also agree that the sensational journalism aspect of this whole mess was out of control.

Last edited by Baja Daze; 10-24-2002 at 12:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Sniper caught? Breaking news..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.