Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35288-beware-lake-texoma-area-engine-builder.html)

Dredgeking 10-23-2002 06:54 PM

Originally posted by timucin

:mad: :mad:

this is why we could save every one trouble with a rating system. if they don't go to the bad builders, then no one gets mad.

i have been talkling to a buddy about buying a local machine shop for some time. he just emailed me today with some info about it. i may just have to do all my own work from now on.

Brad Perry 10-25-2002 07:57 AM

Hey Nordic heat (Dave)

Glad it's working well for you!

Sorry for the mixup, I was definitely talking about Jimbo, not Bob.

There are several others on this board that have had similar experiences with Regency that weren't exactly positive. I kept going back because I think the guy knows his STOCK stuff. He's pricey, no gettin past that. Problem is that his ego is SOOO huge, that unless he's working on your pontoon boat, he constantly kicks you in the nuts from the moment you walk in. I don't mind massaging warped personalities for a reason, but he got explosively defensive when I asked what I broke in my drive.

Turns out that there was almost no damage to the drive and his enlarged estimate of $900 was off by about $500. Hell, I would have paid it. That's the wierd part. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have referred many stock machinery friends to him over the years, and they have all come away with good results, although noticing him being off base a little.:confused:

SeaRay Jim 10-25-2002 08:20 AM

Originally posted by Brad Perry
Well, there you go, I think the guy is a psycho and Clay thinks he's great. Freedom of opinion at it's best.
LOL, Brad have you ever met Clay? :D

Just kidding Clay. I just couldn't resist!

Dredgeking 10-25-2002 08:36 AM

clay is one of a kind ;) i think he was voted the new king of devil's cove this year.

Brad Perry 10-25-2002 10:19 AM

Hey Searay Jim,

We're almost neighbors! I'm in Double oak.

SeaRay Jim 10-25-2002 11:46 AM

Hey Searay Jim,

We're almost neighbors! I'm in Double oak.

No kidding! I'm NW of 2499 and 1171 so we're closer than you think! Not in Bridlewood but surounded by it.

Since you're close by, I hear there is a guy that does great glass work. The shop is on Shiloh on the curve about a mile north of 1171. I'm not sure if that's Flower Mound, Bartonville or Double Oak. I think the borders all connect right around there. Usually a few boats sitting outside. Do you know anything about him?

Clay Washington 10-25-2002 11:57 AM

Originally posted by Dredgeking
clay is one of a kind ;) i think he was voted the new king of devil's cove this year.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing??? :p

Ya gonna admit, Devil's Cove can be a FUN PLACE! :D

Brad Perry 10-25-2002 01:39 PM

Clay,

OSO wants to know how you got that title!!!

Searay,

He is on that circle you described. I live in the neighborhood just north of him. I have watched his guys do their thing for some time. I started doing a little myself when modifying my boat for a blower and got tips from them. He seemed a little slippery, but maybe you have to be in that business. He does a lot of work for dealers. His work looks good to me, and I'm sure he will stand behind it. A friend on this board is getting some cosmetic work done there next week.

I probably pass your house on the way to grapevine.

SeaRay Jim 10-25-2002 02:22 PM

I probably pass your house on the way to grapevine.
Probably right down Bruton Orand? Pretty Close. We don't go to Grapevine much and it's even closer than Lewisville. Probably partly becasue we keep our boat up in Corinth. Sure would like to pick up a little piece of land around here and put up a storage facility close to home!

Brad Perry 10-25-2002 02:42 PM

Have you ever looked at ray roberts? It's not a party lake, but it's the size of lavon or lewisville, not too far from you and has real nice facilities.