Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35288-beware-lake-texoma-area-engine-builder.html)

Dredgeking 10-25-2002 02:48 PM

Originally posted by Clay Washington

Is that a good thing or a bad thing??? :p

Ya gonna admit, Devil's Cove can be a FUN PLACE! :D

DUDE, NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING THE KING !!!!:D

SeaRay Jim 10-25-2002 02:59 PM

Brad,

That's one lake we wanted to get to and just didn't. We've heard it was a well kept secret. One thing about it, we can get to Murray in not much more time just because of the roads. Almost the same with Texoma. Although, we got in a rut and spend most of the time on Lewisville, I guess because it's familiar. Full of idiots on most days but familiar idiots :D

Clay Washington 10-25-2002 04:14 PM

Two of the best "bring your own party" lakes are Lake Ray Roberts and Lake Bridgeport. When we lived in McKinney, we made many trips to those lakes. There was never a "party cove" at those lakes, but it was nice to meet friends there.

The best party lakes (in the Dallas area) are Lake Lewisville and Lake Texoma. We like Texoma MUCH better than Lewisville.

However, the BEST DAMN LAKE IN TEXAS is Lake Travis in Austin. It is over 50 miles long with clear water, great marinas, an awesome party cove (Devil's cove) and great people with fun boats. We are very blessed to live only 5 miles from the dam.

Just my two-cents...

Dredgeking 10-25-2002 04:17 PM

roger that clay !

Brad Perry 10-25-2002 04:21 PM

Yeah, I think Lake Travis has the best water I've ever seen. Haven't traveled much of the length though.

DallasHeat 10-25-2002 04:28 PM

Clay,

Hope to meet up with y'all next summer, hopefully we will make it down to dunk to boat on Travis for a weekend, any slips to stay overnight in? which are the best/reasonably priced?

DallasHeat

liquid asset 10-26-2002 07:57 AM

I keep my boat iun Lakeway, wet slips, when we overnight there I think it is like 15 buck, and it is also a nice hotel and resturant and gas dock

Dredgeking 10-26-2002 08:23 AM

there are quite a few people from lake travis on here. who does your work in the area and why?

DanL 10-26-2002 09:57 AM

Any of you Lake Traviss guys familiar with a boating accident some time ago? The boat was a 34 Super Hawaii that possibly ran aground and there were fatalities? Maybe 3-4 years back?

Clay Washington 10-26-2002 10:20 AM

Full Throttle Marine - (830) 693-5591

Originally posted by Dredgeking
there are quite a few people from lake travis on here. who does your work in the area and why?
At the risk of repeating myself...

My current mechanic is Bob Lloyd of Full Throttle Marine. I trust him with everything on my boat, and I have ALWAYS been happy with the work.

I HIGHLY recommend the shop to anyone with marine propulsion questions. Bob does the BBC work and Dusty (his partner) does the outboard and PWC work. Together they are an unbeatable team!

Give them a call today! :D

Full Throttle Marine - (830) 693-5591