Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder! >

Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder!

Notices

Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder!

Old 10-21-2002, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder!

i know the board frowns on slamming other people, but after what i have been through i feel i need to disclose what happened.

i hiredthem to rebuild my engine in may of this year. i dropped it off at the end of may. the price was for a complete rebuild with a 1 year warranty. they said it would take 2 weeks. the price was competitive and the warranty sealed the deal. after dropping off my boat they failed to return my calls. the only way they would call me back is if i left a message stating i wanted to spend more money. they tried to install parts that i did not order and over charge me for them. a few thousand dollars worth of extra parts. that was most of the problem. i finally had them rebuild the engine then they wanted to charge me for pistons that they did not install. straightened this out and then they say they won't warranty my engine because someone else is installing the headers and that will void their warranty. whatever. just install the engine and let's stick to the original quote for a rebuild. i pick the boat up and find a few things installed half ass. this is expected since everything they have done so far has been half ass at best. i continue to find things installed incorrectly on my engine. tonight i find that they installed the power steering cooling and did not connect it to the power steering system. WTF?

is it so rough out there that they have to rob their customers of the service they paid for? i paid them in full for the agreed work and they can't even do the simplest things. they were 9 weeks to do a rebuild on an HP 500 and the engine has not run well ever since i've had it back. it just burns me up to see people cheat and steal from their customers so blatantly. did they think no one would see they didn't connect the power steering cooler? did they think i would allow them to charge for for items i did not ask them to install? they lied to me about everything. they even tried to tell me i did not have a standard bravo setup for the exhaust and wanted to charge me for custom tail pipes when i clearly have a standard bravo setup. the lies are one thing, but to steal from me by not performing the work i paid you for is beyond reason.

i know some of you will try to play the other side of this and tell me this that and something else. trust me that i have dealt with this situation properly throughout the rebuild ordeal and even threatend the "theft of services" issue on them earlier.

just take my word and do not use this area engine builder. they will lie and cheat you. i would not make such a bold statement if i hadn't just pulled my power steering cooler off the boat with the power steering hose not connected to the power steering.

email for details.

Last edited by Dredgeking; 10-21-2002 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:09 PM
Johnny Rescue

I'm sure your right and others are going to defend him, but think of this way, you just saved a lot of fellow high performance boaters a lot of time, money, and aggrevation.

I know a year or two from now when I decide to freshen up and supercharge my HP525EFI, I'm going with Innovation or Joey Gratton.

Good luck and thanks for the warning...

Old 10-21-2002, 07:24 PM
Registered

sorry for you...

is he from Turkey ?!?.sounds like he is from my boat builders family...
Old 10-21-2002, 07:25 PM
Registered

Dredgeking,
You did the right thing by letting us know. If you save one person the misery you are going through it is worth it. Hope you get everything straightened out.
Dan
Old 10-21-2002, 07:28 PM
Registered

i tried to contact american offshore, but they never responed to email or returned calls.

this engine builder makes you feel all warm and fuzzy before they cheat you out of services. no one near me offered a warranty and since he was crew chief for a super cat team, i thought he should know something. now i have a half ass engine with no warranty and now i have to check every nut and bold to see what other work he did not perform that i paid him to do.

Last edited by Dredgeking; 10-21-2002 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:32 PM
Registered

candyman, the best way to straighten this out is to do it myself. i will perform all of my own work and have a local machine shop perform work under my direct supervision from now on. it's time for me to learn about engines. i paid the builder to do the work so that i would not have to do everything myself. a few friends offered to help me perform the work, but i did not want the inconvenience. i thought i would do the right thing and pay a "professional" to do it right. it has been too long for me to get any resolve out of the builder, but i did want to save someone else the troubles i have been through.

Last edited by Dredgeking; 10-21-2002 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:38 PM
skaterize

I feel your pain, I hope everything works out OK. I was crooked once too for about $40K. Letting everyone know was a great thing. Seems your were man enough to tell him to his face so you shouldnt feel bad about letting everyone know.I'm sure youll stand behind your actions. They have attorneys just for this type of instance. I hope you have good documentation and plenty of pictures. BOL Craig

Old 10-21-2002, 07:59 PM
Registered

there are no names since i felt that some of the pansie liberals would discuss law suits and blah blah blah. if sueing either party was in anyone's best interest, i should have and would have done so before this. this is not directed at you skaterize, but the others who feel that they should protect the names of thieves and liars. what good are the pictures i have? remind me how NOT to install an engine. i have great documentation, but all it does is tell me i paid for services i did not receive. will the engine builder confess to shoddy workmanship? no. are these things going to get my engine right? no. is sueing the rat bastard going to help me get my boat running properly? no. but telling the truth on the board and keeping a naive boater from making the same mistake i did will help someone esle.

like i said, this came to a head tonight when it was blatant that they cheated me out of services i paid for.

Last edited by Dredgeking; 10-21-2002 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:32 PM
TulsaLarry

Crew Chief?

Sorry to hear about your problems and hope you get the boat worked out. Just because this guy is a crew chief does not automatically qualify him to rebuild engines. He should be able to rig a boat and not leave parts hanging, he should know what a Bravo looks like and he should respect other boaters and customers. Supercats do not have their engines built by their crew chiefs, they are sent out to an authorized professional.

Good luck with your problem.

Old 10-21-2002, 08:35 PM
DanL

talking about Leon? He came off as an ok guy. So, welcome to the club.

Quick Reply: Beware Lake Texoma Area Engine Builder!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.