Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   We've Got Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35388-weve-got-snow.html)

skatermike24 10-23-2002 08:38 AM

Not to rub it in but its gonna be 86 here today!:D

BURNSMAZZ 10-23-2002 09:57 AM

I just talked to a dude in the U.P and he said they got around a foot in the L'anse Baraga area, hey us northern boys need something to rag on in the winter otherwise you'd go nuts! The change in seasons does me good.

Playn 10-23-2002 10:48 AM

Looks like the Northern shore of the UP is getting a little bit

Wwus43 kmqt 231129 wswmqt

Urgent - winter weather message
National weather service marquette mi
730 am edt wed oct 23 2002

. Lake effect snow over mainly western alger county this morning. . A northwest flow of
cold air over the warm waters of lake superior has resulted in locally heavy snow showers
over western alger county early this morning. The snow showers will gradually diminish
this afternoon as drier air arrives. But not before 5 inches of snow accumulate over
higher terrain west of munising.

Miz006-231600- alger mi- including the cities of. Grand marais and munising 730 am edt
wed oct 23 2002

. Lake effect snow advisory this morning for western alger county. Expect lake effect snow
showers to drop up to 5 inches of snow over higher terrain from deerton and au train to
chatham and trenary through early afternoon. There will be less than an inch of snow
accumulation east of munising. The snow showers will diminish during the afternoon.

Stay tuned to noaa weather radio and other local media for further updates. Roads will
become snow covered in the advisory area. So drive with caution.

SummerObsession 10-23-2002 11:18 AM

Winter Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a half inch or so of snow on the ground here as well. I hate it. :mad:
At least I get to go to Key West soon, though!!!:D :D :D

That's it. I am moving out of this frozen place! There's gotta be a way to make a good living in a warmer climate!
Oh well, thank God for the airlines.:D

Panther 10-23-2002 11:33 AM

Keep it up there

Hey, keep the snow up there. Don't bring it down here to Jersey for a couple of months. The winter is so boring!!!

BURNSMAZZ 10-23-2002 11:38 AM

You have to be active in the winter to appreciate it.We have a hell of a lot of fun snowmobiling,the good parts of winter out weigh the bad part by a lot.Nothing like getting out there blowing down trails,doing some drag racing,telling a few lies,and having a few beers with your buddies.

Panther 10-23-2002 11:50 AM

Not here

Not down here. All we have is cold a$$ weather, with no snow on the ground. Even when it does snow you can't snow mobile, it's against the law, unless you are in some open field out in the boon docks. We have to travel hours to get to the fun. I am an avid Snowboarder, and that is the only reason I like winter.

Risk Taker 10-23-2002 11:53 AM

Three inches at ny house this morning.....will all be gone by the time I get home.......just too frickin' early for this chit.....:( :( .

ChrisK 10-23-2002 12:01 PM

Uhhhh... snow... hmmm... I have a small rememberance of it... I remember its cold and it SUCKS! I am wearing a short sleeve shirt, and if i could I would be wearing shorts today. Ahhhh cant wait till this weekend while im out in the boat running the poker run in sarasota. Oh wait I think im rubbing it in... Yup I am... sorry thats IS why I moved here! :D :D

IDRPSTF 10-23-2002 12:04 PM

I think when I drive down the coast to have lunch in my shorts and T-Shirt, I will drop the top on my car and let my hair get its sunkissed highlights. Oops!! Sorry!!!