Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Why cant they make gasoline? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35427-why-cant-they-make-gasoline.html)

glassdave 10-23-2002 07:27 PM

timucin- if youd like to send your boat over ahead of time i would be happy to keep an eye on it for you . . :D :D :D :cool:

timucin 10-23-2002 07:30 PM

thnx glassdave
;) :)

HyperBaja 10-23-2002 07:39 PM

I will be getting my license soon, If you need someone to keep an eye on some of those cars in that ferrari thread...

Uncle Toys 10-23-2002 08:20 PM

You should be proud of your country. They have been a strong ally past and present. I have said many time that the end game in the Middle East is democracy. As a secular democracy, Turkey is a role model for other Muslim nations seeking modernization. The European Union needs to have its head examined for snubbing Turkey.

On the other hand, when the bombs start dropping, keep you head down bro!

ragtop409 10-23-2002 08:23 PM

Originally posted by timucin

note: bomb them , I dont mind but pls dont mistarget , I am close to ''hot area''

LOL:D

Payton 10-23-2002 09:36 PM

Why go synthetic? Just go Ethenal. We have enough cheap corn and sugar.

I am already investing in a new local 40 million gallon per year plant. It should locally raise our corn price about a dime. We need a lot more!!

Sydwayz 10-23-2002 10:23 PM

Timucin...

Don't come to Washington DC.

Shah Mat 10-24-2002 04:47 AM

Why go synthetic? Just go Ethenal

Yea, what about alcohol as an alternate fuel? It's often used in racing and many more pro's than con's, and I was told the emission output can be much lower than that of gasoline. Best of all, you can go crazy with compression ratios and boost levels.:D

C_Spray 10-24-2002 07:05 AM

If you look at the specifications for gasoline, alcohol (methanol or ethanol) and even nitromethane, you will find that gasoline has BY FAR the highest energy content per gallon, and can be run much leaner that the other fuels. This means you carry far less of it onboard (weight), and go further per gallon ($$). Race cars make power with alcohol and nitro by pumping LOTS of it through the engine at lower air:fuel ratios. Both have some pretty nasty byproducts (formaldehyde, etc.) under these conditions as well.

Look at it this way - you pay about $1.50/gallon for gas, but about $6/gallon for bottled water. WTF is up with that?

As soon as all the states copy NJ's 30 mph law, I'm fitting solar cells to the foredeck of my boat.....

HyperBaja 10-24-2002 04:17 PM

Just buy the gallon of spring water in the gallon jug, you can drink it like its a bottle and it is less than a dollar.