If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    1988 Cruisers 2800 Rogue

Unhappy Russians have balls

And they send a very clear message that taking hostages wont work. Its too bad so many had to die, but 750 got out alive and the message will probably save even more in the future.

My Boats:
    1997 Fountain 35 Lightning
    beaumont tx
    i'm glad to see they did not give in to the rebels demands, sorry to hear about the deaths, but sometimes it can not be helped

Amen to that. Just glad some counrties still have what it takes.

Did any of you catch the documentary on HBO called "one day in september"? It was on the Israeli hostage's at the 1972 munich Oplimpics. The Germans didn't even have a swat team at the time and wouldn't take any help from other countries. They ended up screwing the whole thing up. Shooting there own people and all the hostages ended up being killed. Very sad Three of the rebels lived and germany ended up releasing them during a set-up highjacking of a plane. Israel ended up hunting down two of the three and killed them. Another country that has balls! The third is in hiding somewhere in Africa.

Lake Charles, LA
    the russians did what they had to do. i applaud them. many of the hostages that died, died from secondary effects of being a hostage. ie. needed medications, hungar, stress, neglect from the hostage takers.

the russains put their best plan together and followed through. they weren't concerned with being politically correct about it. i am sad for the loss of life, but i am thankful it was minimal capared to what could have happened.

unfortuately the US would still be twiddling their thumbs wondering how not to offend anyone before going in and resolving it. i hope bush's plans include a more proactive approach to resolving difficult issues than some of his predecessors.