Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   388 slingshot or 37outerlimits (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35626-388-slingshot-37outerlimits.html)

timucin 10-26-2002 08:29 PM

dont have any idea about outerlimits but hustler is like a ROCK!

a friend has a boat probably 15-20 years old.like a rock.still factory paint etc.and he reaily drives it like he stole it.

388!

Dean Ferry 10-28-2002 07:27 AM

I think both are good boats, with the OL being a better built boat and the resale $$ are much better with an OL. The OL interior options are really cool.
I still dream of owning a 388, I really like the lines of them, and I think the performance between the 2 is comparable, BUT the Q. mtm asked is "Which one"? Like Troutly said!:D
MD

SLINGSHOT 10-28-2002 02:21 PM

YOU REALLY THINK AN ACTIVE THUNDER OUT DOES AN OUTERLIMITS?

Ron P 10-28-2002 02:27 PM

You can probably get a 388 for a LOT less. I've spent a lot of time on both boats and they are both great. If you have the money, get the OL. Otherwise save some money for the tank and get the 388. If you like to spend a lot of time in the ocean, spend the money for the OL.

32storm 10-28-2002 04:01 PM

Tough choice. But, are you considering the new or used market? In either event, sooner or later economics comes into play. The OL's are not shy on their price tag. If you look at the used market, typically most OL's have heavy-duty power and wild paint jobs. While there is never a shortage of Slingshot's on the market, most seem to have somewhat tamer power and not as exotic paint as compared to the OL. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

ActiveThunderTodd 10-28-2002 07:06 PM

As a matter of fact I do think and Active Thunder is better than an Outerlimits. @ yrs ago I went on a Pokerrun to Key Lago. Also on this run was a guy from S. Africa who has a 37' OL. Su made it his pace boat for the weekend. When we were all just hanging out at the docks I asked Matt (the owner of the OL if I could step in to check his boat out. I've alwasy liked the looks of the OL. He tells me to please not step on the rear bench seat. I figure thats cool, doesn't want tohe interior messed up. I tell him I always put a towel down for others to step on. He says, "Oh no thats not it" and proceeds to lift the rear seat up and show that it was completely rotted away. Then he showed me other thngs in the cabin that were coming apart. That was a '99 OL so it was only 2 yrs old. My AT which in all honesty didn't have the same "plushness" as the OL was still in like new shape with almost double the hours. Matt told me he was suppose to have it go back to the factory to be fixed. But still, only 2 yrs old and the "wood" in the seats were rotting.

Can't happen in an AT. No wood in the seats. So from that time on I was sure that AT's are better than OL's.