Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Day 2 Highlights: V-Bottoms, Outboard Cats Steal The Show >

Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Day 2 Highlights: V-Bottoms, Outboard Cats Steal The Show

Notices

Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Day 2 Highlights: V-Bottoms, Outboard Cats Steal The Show

Old 08-26-2018, 09:10 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 556 Likes on 265 Posts
Default Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Day 2 Highlights: V-Bottoms, Outboard Cats Steal The Show

It's a wrap! Kudos to everyone who hand in making the 30th anniversary of the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout a success.

https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...steal-the-show
Old 08-26-2018, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

What power is in HP Mafia?
Old 08-27-2018, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are the Goodwin Skaters or the 438 Rockette? With all the hype on these boats, year after year they never show up (other than spectators) to see what they really can do. Disappointing.
Congrats to all the boats that did run, you put on a good show.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:29 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,761 Likes on 1,244 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Steve
Where are the Goodwin Skaters or the 438 Rockette? With all the hype on these boats, year after year they never show up (other than spectators) to see what they really can do. Disappointing.
Congrats to all the boats that did run, you put on a good show.
Entirely up to the owners of those boats. While we'd love to some see more participation, but we also completely understand why owners wouldn't want to run their boats in a top-speed contest.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Was the Fountain cat running the "hot" ECMs vs. Factory?
Old 08-27-2018, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
Was the Fountain cat running the "hot" ECMs vs. Factory?
I don't think so. If I remember, the boat ran closer to 130 with the hot ECMs. I'm looking forward to the sport cat comparison. It seems like they all claim speeds in the 120s so I'd like to see where they all shake out. I hope in the comparisons, they publish the retail price for each boat. Recently, Spectre said their 32 will go 120 and sells for just north of $200K. By the time you get paint, upgrades, etc, I'd guess closer to $250K. DW claims similar speed with a bigger boat and is $400K, all in. MTI is about the same at around $400K. So is the smaller Skater and they claim about the same speed. The Victory 32 is the same price and the Fountain is close to $400K as well. On the other hand you have the Spectre and the Predator 30WB at about $250K all in, claiming the same 120 speed. Seems like the Spectre and Predator would have faired best in a head to head shootout because of the price. Hard market to make sense of

Last edited by iamjoe; 08-27-2018 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

At the end of the day I draw the following from all of this:
1) Top speeds are all over rated as real world conditions none of the boats will run anything close to the speeds they claim. When you add people, fuel etc these cats are very sensitive to the weight and speeds they run. Look at a lot of the videos post from poker runs as well as being the OB cat world they are all running under 110mp for what I have seen.
2) The results of the shootout/test will be great to read but the tests are missing the most important number which is the actual weight. I am sure they will have a published weight from the manufactures but to actually weigh the boats would have been very cool. Also nice to know actual fuel on board. In the world of being politcally correct there will be no bad boats.
3) Lastly who really knows when and where these boats have run with tunes in them. They are now readily available from more than one person. In watching the shootout it looked like MTI had the best hot boxes as they were the ones that picked up the most speed. I believe it was around 6mph. DW not so much.

Regarding the 32' Fountain does anyone know what that boat weighs that supposedly ran 130? I was glad to see these guys at least run their boats. Good news for the OB Cat industry is the more players the better!
Looking forward to seeing more on the water and running with them.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

How about in the small cat test use same ECUs from boat to boat, that would stop the finger pointing and keep the manufacturers honest?
Old 08-27-2018, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

It was a great event all around. Big thanks to all the people that travel great distances to attend and participate.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:06 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a guide to these classes, I watch the awards and had no idea who won what, what was the difference between professional and non-professional, what class would a single engine outboard center console run in 29' and what is measured nose to transom or nose to platform? thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.