Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   most performance gain for $$$$ (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35700-most-performance-gain-%24%24%24%24.html)

26sonic 10-27-2002 06:46 PM

most performance gain for $$$$

opinions on most top end gains either exhaust or lab finishing bravo 1 prop. i have a 1998 26 sonic 502 efi with az speed and marine re-calib. ecu , k+n flame arrestor , msd ignit. and adl fuel reg . (42psi) and adv. timing from 8 -10 deg, gained 2.5 mph going from 23p mirage plus labbed 5,000rpm wot( before additions )
to a stock 24p bravo 1 non-labbed prop at 4,850 wot. question wood i gain more mph from labbing the new 24p bravo 1 prop or adding and imco exhaust ? would like to run 5,000-5,100 wot.

HOUSTONPROP 10-27-2002 09:03 PM

lab the prop/ITS FREE IF WE CAN'T MAKE YOU HAPPY

Labbing the prop would be the least expensive, and you may get more for your money this way ,if we can't make you Happy IT'S FREE.

26sonic 10-28-2002 04:42 PM

ttt

MIKEHTMSR24 10-28-2002 08:01 PM

Ya never know until ya try.
My story
Boat came with a 25 Mirage Plus stock form. I bought a 24 Bravo 1 in stock form and lost 3.5 to 4 mph. I sent Bravo 1 to Mercury Racing and had it labbed. Gained rpm and maybe 1 mph. (Very weird) Sent it back to Mercury. Second round the same with less rpm.
(In all fairness though it is hard to evaluate changes when you wait a few weeks for your prop to come back and then test it again. But I did the best I could trying to repeat the same weight and using GPS and 2 tachs.)

Then I got to try a Rev 4 by Merc. It was a 23 pitch four blade with a diameter of 14 5/8". In stock form it was 2.5 mph faster than my labbed 24 Bravo 1. This test was done back to back. I changed the props in the water.

HOUSTONPROP 10-29-2002 12:34 AM

26 Sonic

Hey, I noticed your location, we are very familiar with, where you live, My girlfriend grew up around there, and has a Aunt that lives in Newburgh. But back to the prop, shoot a e-mail to me, with contact #, and the best time to call, and I would be glad to discuss it more in detail. Thanks

audacity 10-29-2002 06:35 AM

THE BOTTOM OF THE BOAT...and prop work...

audacity 10-29-2002 06:35 AM

THE BOTTOM OF THE BOAT...

throttleup 10-29-2002 07:24 AM

Speed gains

Joey is on the money. Having the bottom inspected and the prop work will surely give you the biggest bang for your buck! Determining the proper propeller size and the appropriate adjustments will help you to acheive your "Top End" goal. Blueprinting the prop is an option which usually yields speed gains. We utilize a 3D electronic imaging system to ensure that your prop is to the highest of tolerance. This ensures that your prop is TRUE to Pitch. Check out our web-site under clients and you will see the success we have had with Blueprinting props.

Julie
Throttle Up Propellers
877-842-6855

audacity 10-29-2002 07:37 AM

DON't get sucked into buying an "OFF THE SHELF" prop that is labed...ALL too often people think a TOP END prop is the way to go...they really know what they are doing and they ARE not guessing!....they support DONZI for a reason!!they spent(d) COUNTLESS hours real world testing...

ps...call EVERYONE else in the prop biz FIRST....then give throttle up a call...i takes about 1 min to figure out they have stand alone methods and customer service that is unmatched.

throttleup 10-29-2002 12:45 PM

Thank you Joey. Our customers goals are very important to us. We take great pride in our work and the services we offer. We invite any of you to call with any questions that you may have or advice you may need...that is why we are here!

Regards,
Julie
Throttle Up Propellers
877-842-6855