Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   sunsation ride quality? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35747-sunsation-ride-quality.html)

Audiofn 10-29-2002 07:16 AM

I know it is not the boat you were looking at but I did ride in a 32 Sunsation with 500efi's and all I can say is WOW. I also know that this boat is BEAT like no other and when I pulled it apart for the stereo it was still all tight. The only loose screws that I found were in the closet. Great boats!!!!! This is from a Formula owner ;);)

Jon

zokman 10-29-2002 07:38 AM

Ok guys thanks for the info and input. I don't think I have anything to worry about regarding the ride. Actually, I currently have the 25 Outlaw and am very happy with it. I would buy another Baja, but they just don't have any thing in the 28-29 foot size with single power. Am also considering the 29 fountain and 28 pantera, but the sunsation seems to be the best bang for the buck. I'm talking used, not new.

26scarab 10-29-2002 07:44 AM

Personally I think everyones perception of 3-4 foot waves is completely different.:rolleyes:

Just my opinion;)

BURNSMAZZ 10-29-2002 08:00 AM

26 Scarab,I totally agree.

hughandlinda 10-29-2002 08:06 AM

Ther are a couple of Pantera's used but all have twins, I've been in a 28 single and It's a different world, we were doing 70 in 3 footers and that is one solid boat. The only problem is no single 28 for sale and that is their most popular model.
The 26 Sonic has more freeboard and the walk around and probably a hair faster but in rough water the Pantera is great.
If your looking at a single engine boat the ones you have mention are all pretty much bullet proof, but the Pantera looks great in the water

29 OUTLAW 10-29-2002 08:11 AM

Originally posted by Whiteknuckle
29 Outlaw,
Sunsations have a 24 degree deadrise hull. Their pad is much less pronounced than a Velocity or Fountain. Re-entry is much better than a full pad, but speed is improved over a straight V design. Everything is give and take. You have to decide what you want and what you are willing to give up for it. It is my belief that Sunsation has come up with some great bottoms to give both speed and ride.

I knew Sunsations had a 24 degree bottom. I guess I don’t understand TMAGER’s reference to 24 vs 22 in his comment. Neither Bajas nor Suns have a 22 degree bottom.

tmager 10-29-2002 10:16 AM

I thought the Baja had a 22 degree hull, oops......I do like the fact that what people are putting on this thread is different views on each of the boats rather than doing the politicians mudslinging. I like to here what the differences are in each of the boats and form my own opinion on what I want/need. Glad to hear the talk up on 32 Sunsation being I just bought one!

rick32 10-29-2002 11:43 AM

Zook,

Write the check, make the investment into a boating experience.. for it is one you would not EVER regret.... The support from the factory is second to absolutly NONE... The boat is built extremely well and rides like a dream from & to anyhwhere where you want to use it .... ( that is when it thaws out ! - laughs )

You basically have nothing to worry about, but yourself ! .... Believe me.....

Cheer's,
Rick 32;)

Whiteknuckle 10-29-2002 12:32 PM

tmager.
Tell us about your new 32. Details, Details. Didn't you have a Rocket or Aggressor? I'm green with envy. Congrats

Reckless32 10-29-2002 04:50 PM

Well I've driven my Intimidator in the "real" 3-4's more often than not here in the southern Chesbay/Atlantic and to date with 300 hard driven hours, ole bessy has not come apart yet with the exception of my cuddy latch hardware. No cracks or spidering though I know some day there will be...maybe.:cool:

As far as the ride goes for a 29 that has the combination of speed, durability, and damn good looks at a regular guy's price (but increasing) you'd be hard pressed to beat it.

With that biased opinion stated, the best advice is comparison rides and operating parameters set for yourself. In other words, what do you need a boat for; how are you normally gonna operate it; etc. etc. then go lookin' for something to meet those specs. Good luck with your search...