Notices

sunsation ride quality?

Old 10-28-2002, 03:32 PM
zokman

Default sunsation ride quality?

Trying to get someones opinion who has ridden in a 28 sunsation and a 25 outlaw. Everything I hear about the sunsation is great , except recently I've heard a couple of comments that with the big pad, the ride in the water I boat in, ( alot of 2-3 ft chop ) the ride is not great. No complaints with the 25 outlaw. Would ride be at least as good? Better? Any inputs are valued. Love those Sunsation lines!

Old 10-28-2002, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard good things. Reckless288 will sound off soon to give you the full skinny.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:15 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I ran about 14 miles with a 288 Sunsation side-by-side in a very unusual day on the Potomac River a few months back. This was consistant 3-4 footers. This boat has a 454 w/ a Whipple strapped to it (ok, we were side-by-side when he let me catch up). The Sunsation handled this water IMPECCABLY. Emil and Steve did not get wet once on that ride. I do not think you will have a problem with this boat.

(Emil recently sold the 288 to upgrage to a 32 w/ single 500EFI, and he is again, VERY happy. Say hello to a Quad Rotor Whipple next season).
Old 10-28-2002, 07:20 PM
Registered

I have a 24 foot Sunsation and can run the 3 foot boat chop on a crazy Saturday afternoon in Lake St Clair over 60mph. None of the Outlaws are going to keep up. Not putting the boats down, everything is give and take and I give up the room and they give up the speed and rough water handling to get a more passenger friendly boat. 24 vs 22 degree hulls.

Zokman, call the guys at the Sunsation plant and they will tell you all about their boats.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:28 PM
hughandlinda

Besides the outlaw in my opinion is not in the same league as the sunsation, Ck out the Sonic 26' Prowler better everything to the Outlaw. Not that I have anything against Baja just think if your talking the same $$$ I'd prefer Sonic and Sunsation to a 25' Outlaw. Best of Luck!

Old 10-28-2002, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should go for a test drive in both. Actually test any boat in the size and price range you are looking at. Bottom line is your opinion is the only one that counts. Just my .02.
If you run a pad bottom boat in the rough you just need to keep the nose down. If you fly it it will not land as smooth as a straight V. Doesn't mean it will not handle well just ride quality which is what you are asking. If you are looking for ride SIZE matters.
Old 10-28-2002, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by tmager
I have a 24 foot Sunsation and can run the 3 foot boat chop on a crazy Saturday afternoon in Lake St Clair over 60mph. None of the Outlaws are going to keep up. Not putting the boats down, everything is give and take and I give up the room and they give up the speed and rough water handling to get a more passenger friendly boat. 24 vs 22 degree hulls.

Zokman, call the guys at the Sunsation plant and they will tell you all about their boats.
I didn't know Sunsations had 22 degree hulls.
Old 10-28-2002, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

hughandlinda i can agree 100% on the sonic outlaw comparison!!!
Old 10-28-2002, 10:16 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Do a search on these couple boats in the gen-disc:

Sonic 260 Prowler
Sunsation 288
Baja 25 Outlaw

These three exact boats have been compared in the past few months more than once, and also check the Sunsation and Sonic forums. LOTS OF INFO.

BTW. my order above is my opinion of the boats I would take in order on stock power.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:51 AM
Registered

29 Outlaw,
Sunsations have a 24 degree deadrise hull. Their pad is much less pronounced than a Velocity or Fountain. Re-entry is much better than a full pad, but speed is improved over a straight V design. Everything is give and take. You have to decide what you want and what you are willing to give up for it. It is my belief that Sunsation has come up with some great bottoms to give both speed and ride.

Quick Reply: sunsation ride quality?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.