Notices

Tempest Marine

Old 10-28-2002, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Tempest Marine

Anyone have any experience with Tempest's, are they still made?
Old 10-28-2002, 07:32 PM
Mike J

Theres a company or was in So
Calif called Tempest Marine,
Is that the one your looking
for or is there another.
Mike J.

Old 10-28-2002, 07:57 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

neer seen an actual tempest boat but i remember they used to have an add in the magazines. had a fourty footer with like 5 outboards on it. thing was cool . . . dont mind me . . im just post whore'n , its my turn
Old 10-28-2002, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tempest

Hey fobes

Try www.tempestyachts.com. I'm pretty sure that's the boat you're looking for. I have a picture of a 32 racing in Ft. Lauderdale called Imaginethat. If I find it I'll post it.
Old 10-28-2002, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fobes:

I had a 33' Tempest center console. They were in south Fl. No longer making production boats, only custom stuff according to my last conversation with the founder.

Hope that helps
Old 10-29-2002, 06:56 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I visited their shop for a job interview in the mid-80's when they were on the west side of Miami. The two principle guys were Dick Simon (not the West Coast guy), who seemed to be the business guy and Adam Erdberg, who seemed to be the technical guy. At the time, they were building custom sport boats, and had one under construction of the drummer of The Clash (remember "Rocking the Casbah? ). They were just beginning to develop their own fixed-shaft drive ("T-Torque") at the time. I've never owned one, but from what I saw, they looked like they were trying to do it right.

Looking at their website, it looks like they were involved with racing for a while - there's a picture of a 38' being used as a Pace Boat. They did some government work, too - there are shots of Coast Guard and military versions of the 44'. The civilian 44' looks like the ultimate party machine - what a HUGE cockpit. You could fill that thing up with thong-wearing sweeties and.....

Last edited by C_Spray; 10-29-2002 at 07:13 AM.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:15 AM
Registered

Here's "Imagine That". It was one of my favorite raceboats when I first discovered Offshore. They were really competitive in US Offshore's B-class. There's also some stuff on Tempest in the "Muscle Boats" book.
Attached Thumbnails Tempest Marine-%5Cimagine-%5C.jpg  
Old 10-29-2002, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Muscle boats does have some great pics a a little info on these boats. They were the ones that put the Porsche 928 engines in a silver boat with clear engine hatches...pretty neat looking...

There is a boat at the Falcon shop that has the exact same deck as Imagine That. I never knew it was a Tempest, but this particular boat I am referring to is all black and raced C class under the name Brakes and had a road runner on the bow. It has small blocks mated to TRS drives and I'm told it was a pretty fast boat in it's day. They are in the process of painting it and getting it running again as a pleasure boat. I'll get some pics if you'd like.
The following users liked this post:
Tempest38 (06-20-2022)
Old 11-01-2002, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Sean: would love to see pics of that boat...thanks for the info, friend of mine had one, ran great in rough water and seemed to be very solid...Matt
Old 12-12-2003, 05:05 AM
Registered

Hi,
I just bought a 38' just like the one that was on their site 'til it died(the site)a few weeks ago.
Don

Quick Reply: Tempest Marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.