Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Monster dot com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35807-ot-monster-dot-com.html)

32fever 10-29-2002 09:16 AM

OT: Monster dot com

Anyone ever use this? Apply through, post a resume, post a position?

Has anyone that's ever put a resume up ever heard anything from anyone?

Has anyone that emailed or applied for a job ever gotten one? What type of response did you get from the company/employment service?

Anyone that's posted a position have any comments? Did you get overwhelmed with resumes?

Any other job sites out there that are good and have results/success (from either perspective)?

jb 10-29-2002 09:25 AM

yes, yes, yes
Placed resy. one time and had more responses that I knew what to do with. I also was emailed a bunch I was over qualified for as well. Some insurace...financial planners responses were also unwanted.

Found my current job on Monster.

Still check to see whats there.
The only drawback to responding to an add is they get 1000's of reys sent to them

32fever 10-29-2002 10:09 AM

jb,
So, am I correct in understanding that your success was from posting your resume and prospective companies reading it? And then contacting you?

Mark

Sydwayz 10-29-2002 10:44 AM

Monster: :D :D :D :D
Every job I have taken came from Monster.com directly or indirectly. At one point I was getting 10 calls/emails a day. My resume is still stored there, although I have the broadcast turned off, able to turn back on anytime when I need options.

DoTheMath 10-29-2002 11:05 AM

I used to work for them... In sales, so I can tell you from first-hand experience, (as I heard back from my clients), it works! Although in this tough economy, there are no miracles... Good luck on your search!

Steamin Rice 10-29-2002 11:36 AM

It worked indirectly for me....I posted my resume there and got a bunch of calls from headhunters...Eventually a headhunter called me with what I was looking for.

jb 10-29-2002 12:17 PM

Mark, yes but no. The one I chose was from one I submitted to.
I was also offered positions from those who emailed me.

Hope that helps...
This reminds me maybe I will broadcast mine again to see if anything interesting comes up!

Ricochet 10-29-2002 08:22 PM

It worked for me. A position was posted on Monster.com that interested me. I responded and eventually was hired by the firm.

You might check-out headhunter.net, careermosaic.com and, depending on your profession, marketingjobs.com.

Best of luck to you!
Ricochet.

mcollinstn 10-29-2002 09:35 PM

I own a staffing company that places technical, scientific, legal, and telecommunications personnel. Send a resume to:
[email protected]

We will shop for you if you wish.

M