Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Former marina manager in prison (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35880-former-marina-manager-prison.html)

32fever 10-29-2002 11:37 PM

Former marina manager in prison

Not sure if anyone kept up, but a while back, it seemed like everyone was crooked in the marina biz.

Well, one in Watervliet, MI is now sentenced to 23 months in prison. He was also ordered to pay restitution near $70,000 to 8 individuals.

Our local paper states "{Judge} Hammond asked him what happened to the "tons" of money, whether he spent it on drugs or gambling." LOL! Sounds like Judge Judy. LOL!

He said he did not use it on personal items, but put it back into the marina. (which was probably necessary to continue "doing business" as it were).

candyman35 10-29-2002 11:59 PM

It's good to see people who hurt and cheat people getting what they deserve. We had a local dealer sell the same boat three times. Then it was reposed by the manufacturer who said they were never paid for the boat. The Feds closed him down shortly after that.
Dan

THEJOKER 11-01-2002 11:39 AM

just curious?

What was this individuals name?

Quiet Storm 11-01-2002 12:43 PM

32fever
That guy tried to sell me a boat. He was very aggresive and when he was finally convinced that I wasn't going to buy it he acted like I was a piece of crap.

I heard that he was selling the same boat two or three times also.

They should give him more time. What is his name? I forgot. Marque something.

26scarab 11-01-2002 01:01 PM

Is it Mark from TAG ? He used to sell Nordics?

KAAMA 11-01-2002 01:20 PM

His name is Marc Jacobs are real sweet talker and "yes" he used to sell Nordic's at that dealership. It's all public info now---in the newspapers, etc.

Apache kid 11-01-2002 01:47 PM

MARC HAS NO CONNECTION WITH T.A.G. MARINE! Other than trying to sell us a few boats. I am the ONLY employee!

Thanks Apache Kid:)

THEJOKER 11-01-2002 06:50 PM

I met Marc in 1998 in the pits in Biloxi and I took him for a test ride in a 27 Warlock. Rick Ruelos w/ Warlock asked me to give him a test ride(said he was a potential dealer). Rick was supposed to get our rooms in Biloxi and said it was taken care of , when we checked out found the bill was on us. My very first weekend in the high perf boating business - making a killing - haha ...BH

26scarab 11-02-2002 08:04 AM

Apache Kid,
So do you guys have that 33 Powerplay with the blower motors ? What is the deal with this boat? Noone seems to want to talk about it ..other than its fast.

And Sorry I was under the impression that he works there.

sean stinson 11-02-2002 09:41 AM

He tried to set Gordo up with a factory 1 boat awhile back I know and he wasn't to pleased about the whole thing.

Sean