If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB

OT: Opinions on Ryobi Power Tools

Home Depot has the "6 Pack" combo kit 18V Cordless set on sale here in my area for $399. This looks like a steel of a deal:

Freehand Circular Saw
    Mounted Miter Box Circular Saw (on case)
    Punch Saw
    All in an all encompassing rolling store case (plastic); including a 1 hour charger, and three batteries.

I have looked at the Milwalkee and Dewalt kits, and they are not as inclusive or attractively priced as these.

What do you all think of this set of tools? I have used just about everything EXCEPT Ryobi in the past, and I want to know others' experiences.

Ryobi Kit
    Last edited by Sydwayz; 10-30-2002 at 09:48 AM.

Member #154 Platinum Member Indy's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Missing my PowerPlay
    SW CT & Long Island Sound
    I remodeled for 10 years and have been through them all. Ryobi is fine for average homeowner use, but it won't stand up to the rigors of daily construction. If you use them less than a contractor would, go ahead and buy them, they'll be fine. You get what you pay for in tools, the others are more expensive but have rugged reliability in their favor. I also found the more expensive tools were more precise, but the average homeowner wouldn't be able to discriminate the tolerances.

My Boats:
    tropical Cleveland OH
    Brian: I think dewalt makes the best but I have some ryobi "alittle more affordable" and I love them. good tool with a good warranty, but ive never needed a warranty. actually they had a sale at a home depot in town here and i bought a 14.4 volt Ryobi drill with 2 batts. and charger for $79.00. its a great drill. as a means of saws though you may want to buy something alittle tougher