Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ease the tension - Golf anyone? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/35895-ease-tension-golf-anyone.html)

MIdnightRider 10-30-2002 05:29 PM

Its tough to be a die hard boater and a golfer. I love to golf though, I play allot during the week and have been on a thursday league for years. We play local coarses here in MI, actually we have some of the countries best. I played good this year early and late. Some A-hole stole my clubs in July so it took awhile to adjust to a new set. I think I am really a 12-13, my league has me at a 10. I did shoot a 80-81 in our local coarse championships the last weekend in Sep. which I was happy about. That was with a 6 and a seven Saturday, and a F@#ckin snowman on hole 2 on Sunday. I only play one way, serious, be it boats or golf, its never as relaxing as it should be. I am ex Hockey player I cant help it. My dream is to retire early in Florida, live on a golf coarse, and keep my hot rod Outerlimits at Sunny Isles. Midnight:cool:

florida gator 10-30-2002 08:27 PM

Midnight, I agree about boating and golfing. Whenever I sell a boat, I am able to get my handicap down around 12. Then when I buy another boat, back up to about 20+.

Eric1969 10-31-2002 08:27 AM

I do not believe this thread should be deleted. If someone doesn't want to attend, then that is their decision. Please keep this going so those who wish to attend can meet some new people and have a great time.

Tonto 10-31-2002 09:47 AM

BH
I'm not going to play in the golf tournament 'cause I don't play golf, but I'll be GLAD to drive the beer buggy :D :D . Sounds like it should be alot of fun. Just let me know and I'll have the SeaRay stocked :p .
Robert

mpally 10-31-2002 10:12 AM

My handicap? I am severly handicapped. I guess it is around 20-22. I usually shoot in the 90's. I just don't have the time to dedicate to the game. We have fun though and no matter where you go, you can play golf.

THEJOKER 10-31-2002 10:21 AM

Tonto you're the beer guy - I've got everybodies screen names and handicaps written down. Let's keep this thread going. Eric I will need your help locally in setting up the tournament. You in? The Atlanta Power Boat Club members are welcome also. Thanks for the interests so far - BH

Tonto 10-31-2002 10:26 AM

BH
You need me to do anything? I'll be glad to do whatever I can :p
Robert

pachangalpina 10-31-2002 11:01 AM

I am not a golfer and may not be a boater if I don't get this water out of my motor, but I am willing to help with the tournament if needed.

Do you ever feel like a deer on season opening day?:rolleyes:

Todd

Tonto 10-31-2002 11:04 AM

Todd
What happened now?
Robert

Eric1969 10-31-2002 11:13 AM

Originally posted by PWRBOATTOURS
Tonto you're the beer guy - I've got everybodies screen names and handicaps written down. Let's keep this thread going. Eric I will need your help locally in setting up the tournament. You in? The Atlanta Power Boat Club members are welcome also. Thanks for the interests so far - BH
I would love to help. I have other friends that play golf and boat also. We have sport boats though. So please try and minimize the number of people who wish to ride on our boats and speed up and down the lake and look cool. You want a fun ride? Take my 17' FourWinns on Lanier on a given Saturday and enjoy the fun. ;) ;) :p :p