If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: True Length

VIP Member VIP Member Back4More's Avatar
    My Boats:
    353 Fastech
    Lake Michigan
    OK, Im brain washed...
    For Sale or trade, 90+mph poor riding Fountain for a rough water 31'or 35' Cigarette donkey.
    Last edited by Back4More; 11-01-2002 at 02:39 PM.

My Boats:
    Top Gun
    Batavia Oh.
    Back4More.......LOL !!!!

I'll tell you,my last boat..22 degree with rounded keel,Beat the CRAP outa me !! I even got out of boats for awhile untill i could afford something that rode smoother. This thing launches 4 ft. in the air and comes down easy....That old boat would drive my head thru my heels !!!!!!!! Can't take the abuse anymore!

Charter Member Charter Member 32fever's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37 Outerlimits & PowerPlay 185
    Granger, IN
    Exactly, Kaama, I notice that too. We didn't see too many OS boats on the trip over to Chicago for the air show. Just our 32 Fountain and Steve's 32 AT from St Joe. Everyone else stayed home A few boats from other ports made the trek, the ones I saw were 38'ers or so.

I can tell you I like you AT owners. You are one of the few "little" boats that like to run in the big water. I ran to Chicago in 5's, from Holland in 4's and even been in 8-10's for an hour trip(that is STUPID in ANY BOAT!) Only boat I saw out as the CG. I'll run in almost anything, short of those 8-10's, that's what k-planes are for. I use 'em. I don't try to run 70, but neither does anyone else we boat with. Like Baja says, you get beat to death in a lot of boats. Maybe Cigs and Apache's make it soft and cushy, but as I've stated, I think it's a lonely life for those guys.

But, the run to MI City earlier this season where the Chicago/MI guys were going to meet up. Most guys from the IL side bailed early. We were at the launch ramp in the morning, went to the lake. Huh. 5'ers. Better not. Nobody wanted to run in them. Of course, it was calm on the other side of the lake And much calmer south of St Joe. I think Steve in his AT and I would have gone, but not with the wives. LOL! BUt, it's fun to go out and play in them for a while.

The worst thing about big water, it's destination boating only. You aren't going to stop and anchor and HAVE lunch in 5'ers. You may stop, anchor, and LOSE lunch in 5'ers.

The only solution is to own a go-fast flat water boat that runs like stink and a great rough water Cig or Apache. And the ability to forecast the EXACT water conditions for the entire weekend or time you will be out on the water. Along with my 42' boat for the 28' price solution....I'd have it licked!

My Boats:
    1998 saber 28
    jenison mi
    i live for small craft warnings

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567