Credit Cards, what's important >

Credit Cards, what's important

Notices

Credit Cards, what's important

Old 10-30-2002, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Credit Cards, what's important

Been playing the games with my creditcards, keep moving the balance to the next no-interest for x month program. This got me thinking about what is really important to us boat owners who usually run up a pretty good balance every month. I have yet to see a card geared for boaters, is there one? What type of reward program would entice you into a card? I'm not looking for something like the West Marine card, rather something geared specifically for us high performance guys.
Old 10-30-2002, 04:20 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Texaco Card

Hey I know it doesn't help us, but I just saw a card that offered free gas at Texaco. I think it was 5% discount over $100 purchase? To bad that doesn't help us, we don't have any texaco stations on the water nearby.
Old 10-30-2002, 04:33 PM
Registered

Hey Panther when can I expect that commission check? Will I have it in time for Christmas? Did I send you the man or what?
Old 10-30-2002, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think there is much that would entice me into a card. We don't carry a balance so the interest rates don't mean much. Most expenses I charge on an Amex card which is registered on their "Rewards" program. I think it's something like a point per dollar spent where you can purchase items from their catalog or transfer to some Frequent Flier programs.
Old 10-30-2002, 04:35 PM
Registered

What if you can have a card that had rewards geared towards boats, discount high performance parts or discount entries into poker runs? What if there was a card that would help with boater's rights causes, like the speed limits in NJ?

Last edited by mr_velocity; 10-30-2002 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-30-2002, 05:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

There are

A friend of ours has a shell card. It gives them points on the gas they buy. They get dicounts on gas this way.

I have a card that gives me points for things. It's enough to pay for my wife's and my plane tickets to the Miami boat show, $200 off a rental car and a free night in a hotel

Okay, so neither are "technically" boat related, but we're both using our benefits on cards to benefit boating. And we're spending the money anyway. Instead of writing a check, we put it on the card, and gain the points, pay off the balance and don't pay interest If we don't, we get that nasty 7.2% rate on the card As "Hunter" used to say..."works for me"

I wouldn't use a card for parts, maybe "accessories" or fluff stuff, like fenders, lines, etc. The poker runs are so scattered, seems i would be tough to coordinate that.

How about a 12 months same as cash poker run pay policy? LOL! I could maybe afford the $1000 SOTW run then. LOL!

Hell, I have a GM card I use in the business. I now have more points towards a car than I can use, but my wife won't let me cash that money in!!!!! So, that is kind of useless then. So, no new Vette for me, hell, not even a new Cavalier! LOL!

It would be cool though, if you bought stuff at freeze frame, boat gas, etc, it went towards points you could use for "stuff". Good idea in theory. Not sure how it would work.

There has to be someone on the board that knows how to bring a thing like that to reality....

Mark
Old 10-30-2002, 06:20 PM
Uncle Toys

American Airlines VISA - frequent flyer miles. Charge everything on it and pay it off each month. No cost to me and we get a couple of extra free trips each year e.g. Skaterfest, Miami Boat show