If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    Working on it...again.
    Destin, FL
    Hey Jim, how quick do you need the engine? If you can wait a week, go comman carrier, New Penn, Con-way, any of the big trucks you see going down the road. The reason you're quotes are so high is due to getting an airfreight quote. Too bad CF went out of service. If you try FedEx, ask for their Express Saver service, it's the most cost effective 5 to 7 day transit. Hope that helped you out. One thing, if it goes on the road, make sure it's packaged good. It will get bounced around. Good luck.

PS...Pete is way right, go with the matter what. Otherwise you will get like $100.00.

Registered Platinum Member THEJOKER's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
    Lake Lanier - N. Georgia

Thumbs up

Ok here's some useful information. First of all you will need a carrier that makes both of those states w/ direct service. The RL Carriers will not. When interlines are involved both parties make money and it could be a mess. Second thing is you will need to get a discount on the shipment , 60 to 65 % should be available to you. Your classification is class 85 . The block will need to be strapped to a pallet and it should be delivered to a business. Carriers will charge you for a home delivery. Yellow Freight - Old Dominion both are probally a good choice. As far as $ 65.00 that is usually a mininum charge and probally too low. I would think $ 100.00 would be pretty darn close. If you cannot get it done let me know and I can go a little further for you - Brian Hollis
    Last edited by THEJOKER; 10-31-2002 at 02:05 PM.

Offshoreonly Advertiser Offshoreonly Advertiser Mbam's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1972 Cigarette 36 race
    Pompano Beach FL, USA
    Jim, not sure how good a deal it is but I can get it done for $200 via BAX 3 day. Make sure the weight is accurate. Sounds low including the skid.

My Boats:
    1995 Nova Spyder
    Maximo FLA
    Hi Jim I had a set of 4 Humvee tires shiped from Florida by Old Dominion Freigt and they were syran wraped to a palet for a total wheight of 300+ lbs and it was a $100 dollars to my house. Very Freindly and took about 10 days. PWRBOATTOURS knows his stuff. Charlie

My Boats:
    1990 35' Fountain
    NW USA
    Thanks for all the help guys. I finally enlisted the help of a friend who owns King Electric up here. They ship all the time and he just handled it for me. I don't know why I didn't think of him sooner. Final cost will be $116. I'll just have to drive over to Seatlle to pick it up. I can live with that. Again, thanks for all the feedback. It's been a good learning experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12