OT - small claims court next Tuesday >

OT - small claims court next Tuesday

Notices

OT - small claims court next Tuesday

Old 01-21-2003, 05:27 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the case got continued, you have time to amend your complaint which will not require an additional filing fee. However, you will have to serve the new defendant with the papers so you will have to pay a process server. One or both of those idiots are liable for your loss. Sue them both, they will probably be found jointly and severally liable and go after the bigger pocket. GO TO COURT WITH DOCUMENTATION PROVING THE PURCHASE PRICE! Also, if the stereo was not brand new, you will most likely only be able to recover the "market value" of the stereo at the time it was stolen, a value that you bear the burden to prove. Look on E-Bay for a similar item and ask the judge to take judicial notice of the value. Auctions are de facto the best way to prove market value. Where is the suit taking place?

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 01-21-2003, 08:56 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,773 Likes on 876 Posts

Another continuance..........Figured as much, since you hadn't posted anything.

Bobbie & I are doing well. We're heading down to the KC boat show this wknd to hang out with OSO crowd. Should be a good time.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Griff,

Sorry I won't get to see you guys in KC, but since there isn't any snow here we are heading to CO for some Indian Ridge, Tripple Treat and Cabin Chute
Old 01-22-2003, 09:55 AM
Allan4

I filed a small claims suit against Nextel, it was scheduled for trial Dec 9th. They called me on 2-3 days proir and wanted to settle out of court, in full. The Nextel rep was embarrassed as hell (or a darn good actor) of the illegitamate obsurdness his company was practicing. Bottom line, don't take any crap from anyone. Squeky wheel gets the grease, if you are getting screwed, go after them......companies do not like judgements.

I have a whoper of a lawsuit going against my insurance company. It is absolutley ludacris. Truly sad, this expereince has educated me to the dark side of insurance politics. It is absolutely astonishing what they are trying to do to me. If I told you, you would say I am lieing, exagerating, on drugs. No way a reputable company, or any reasonalbe human, would take this stance.......think again.....I can say nothing more than that, but just be careful when dealing with insurance companies, even when they are certain they are 100% wrong, they will drag there feet......they have more time and $$ than you and they know it. They know if they stretch this out long enough, they can settle for 40% of the total claim. Good luck with these guys, It's a numbers game for them.....let us know how it goes........A4

Old 01-22-2003, 10:09 AM
Gold Member

Dont you just LOVE insurance companies and lawyers?... Good luck in getting what you deserve and putting that stereo back in!
Old 01-22-2003, 06:28 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Phknlwyr
Where is the suit taking place?
Thanks for the advice! My suit is taking place in Illinois...

So...anyone wanna give legal advice on how to go after Farmers because my boat sank?
Old 01-22-2003, 09:43 PM
Registered

Why are they denying your sinking claim? I had my old boat, an '89 28 Scarab, sink in '00, I had no problem w/ my insurance co..
Old 01-23-2003, 04:08 PM
Registered

Hole in the bellows caused the sinking - insurance policy reads they aren't liable for damages caused by "wear and tear".
Nice, huh?