Anybody familier with Banana boat ? >

Anybody familier with Banana boat ?

Notices

Anybody familier with Banana boat ?

Old 11-06-2002, 08:11 AM
riskybusiness

Default Snap On Dealer

Biggus:

How'd ya' guess? Oh yeah-- the email address gives it away every time.

Yup--I was a Snap-On Dealer--even a Field manager for a couple years.

I left just this year.

It's a hell of a business, and a hell of a product---I did really well with it.

There's alot I miss about it, too.

Hey, I'd like to learn more about your history with Hell's Banana--what an awesome rig--I'v done some work on it myself when it was at Port Edgewood.

Not much room in that engine compartment---it's a half-day project just changin' the spark plugs! (You almost have to pull an engine to do it!)

Don't get caught.

Old 11-06-2002, 08:15 AM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

check out my second banana.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody familier with Banana boat ?-f57sc1.jpg  
Old 11-06-2002, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Question....
Years ago, 79', maybe 80', I sat on the jetty at Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale watching the boats go by...
I often saw an all yellow boat called "Banana Split"....Always thought it was a Cigarette, do any of you know what I'm talking about ?
Old 11-06-2002, 08:22 AM
CelticPride

I had a 1992 Center Console model when I lived in Rhodel Island about 6 years ago. Ran about 55 with a single 200 Merc.

Despite Riskybusiness favorable comments about Ray at Port Edgewood, my experience with Ray is that he is one of the biggest A-holes I ever met. Arrogant son of a *****. I bought my boat in 96 for about 21K..I remember calling ray to inquire on this particular boat since it came from his shop. I asked him what he thought about the boat, the prior owner, the aasking price...anyway, he tells me it was a good boat, nice colors, the owner was a good guy and the price was a good deal. Ok...so I go ahead and buy the boat. I own it for a year.....barely used it becuase my wife's hair got too messed up (got rid of her too) I put it up for sale and had several people call me on it. They of course did the same thing I did...called Ray..asked the same questions I did..but Ray tells them that the boat was probably worth about $10k. What a guy!

Old 11-06-2002, 08:31 AM
CelticPride

Rockstrmkr,

In the late 80's I worked with a guy Named Mike Ribadeau...I think he owned a yellow Bannana Boat that had twin 200hp mercs on it. I thought it was called Bannana Split.

Last I knew, this guy lived in somewhere on the South Shore of Mass.

Old 11-06-2002, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep gonna have to see some more pictures of the boat.

Thanks
Brian
Old 11-06-2002, 07:43 PM
riskybusiness

Default Banana Boats

CelticPride: I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Ray; Based on your story, I can appreciate your feeling like you got royally porked.

I worked for him at Banana Boat Ltd. for almost 5 years, and he always treated me with fairness and integrity.

For all I knew, I thought he treated everyone else similarly, but I suppose there could be exceptions of which I was unaware.

It bothers me to hear of any stories where someone feels like they got burned, particularly on a boat I helped build.

The desparity in those price quotes is certainly tough to justify, if not inexcusable altogether.

Last edited by riskybusiness; 11-06-2002 at 07:46 PM.

Old 11-07-2002, 07:42 AM
CelticPride

Hey Risky,

**** happens...I'm over it. I just did not like the guy.

Anyway, how's New England. I used to live in Swansea before moving down to Ft. Lauderdale. I actually may be moving back up there due to a poor job market down here.

Wher do you do your boating? Naragansett Bay? Buzzards bay?

Old 11-07-2002, 06:53 PM
riskybusiness

Celtic: I lived in and around Rhode Island for many years, so I was on Narragansett bay, but now I live in South Dartmouth, MA, and am on Buzzards Bay. Both are gorgeous, but I have grown to love South Dartmouth---Padanaram Village and Harbor to be exact.

A house and a couple of kids later, my budget, at the moment, can only afford me my 17' Boston Whaler, with a 115 Evinrude. 'May not sound like much on paper, but I like to run it like a dirt bike in a good 6' sea---preferably rollers off the open ocean (makes great ramps) as opposed to a chop, and also preferably alone, as I have yet to have a passenger really enjoy the beating I enjoy dishing out. THe friggin' thing runs like a banshee---I literally get so far airborne with it I have "hang time". 'Almost been over backwards a couple of times.

I've beaten the boat so hard, I had to completely glass everything together---the console to the sole, the seat post to the sole, custom battery box (also glassed in), the works. 'Hasn't come apart since.

Sooner or later, I'll upgrade to something far more OSO worthy, but until then, the Whaler is enough to get me & any drinkin' buddy over to the FOXY in New Bedford on any given night.

Good luck with the job situation---ironically I almost moved down to Lauderdale a few months ago!

Keep the shiny side up, and don't get caught.

Old 11-07-2002, 10:04 PM
Too slow

Default abusing whalers=fun

hey steve....i like the whaler abuse story....i was invloved in abusing whalers .....good stuff..hmm....isnt the 17 ft rated for 100hp?....BIGGUS..find the pictures of "HELLS BANANA" yet?....how bad was it burnt when you got it? must of sat pretty low in the back with all that hardware huh?...

Quick Reply: Anybody familier with Banana boat ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.