Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
1984-86 scarab with bbc & kamas(sp) >

1984-86 scarab with bbc & kamas(sp)

Notices

1984-86 scarab with bbc & kamas(sp)

Old 11-01-2002, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1984-86 scarab with bbc & kamas(sp)

My buddy that is the service manager here in las vegas has a 30 foot scarab in his yard. The owner owes two dealers money around 10k for work. There going to put a lien or somthing on the boat and try and sell it for the bill. It is a WELLCRAFT 30 made in 1984 or 86 can't remember so says the transom. It ran a ground and put a lot of holes in the bottom. The bottom is fixed along with a new floor and transom. new gel on the sides and bottom but they put black bottom paint back on it. The interior is ****ty and needs to be replaced (no rips but really dirty and old stitching) every thing there though. The boat ran for a long time after all the repairs but then he wanted engine work done and they found that a exhaust manifold had a crack in it . NEW gauges ,old shifter(morse). Twin big block pretty fresh and the kamas have new boots on them. Props are good shape but one has a little ding at it tip. Is it worth 10k? I'M NOT GOING TO BUY IT just wondering about the price range. the trailer needs help but roadworthy.

Rick

Last edited by scarabrick; 11-01-2002 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:10 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

Thats a realy tough call to make! Depending on how much your willing to invest on getting her back to the shape you want it in and how well the work to the bottom was done would answer your question! I mean lets say you are willing to spend....oh another 5-7k for the interior and gauges....assuming you have connections or can do the work yourself.....and if the hull is solid then yea i'd say its a god deal......but if you were to pay for the work......plus all the parts...it would add up fast and you could find a solid boat for the money your gonna spend..

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 11-01-2002, 10:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I think the drive train might be worth at least that!!

You could always scrap the boat and put it in another Scarab!!

You did hear me say' Scarab!!! LOL

Hi Wally!!!!
Old 11-01-2002, 10:26 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally posted by 29scarab

Hi Wally!!!!
Whats up man? Hows the weather treating ya? LOL!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 11-01-2002, 10:30 AM
Registered

The hole is solid. New bottom, gel and btm paint along with a new transom. I thought that most of the problems with that old of boat was rotten transom. The deck needs to be re gelled to look like new but all in all it could clean up nice. Windshield is in great shape plus a NEw floor and carpet. Are kamas worth the money for a buyer to piece out? If I had the boat it wouldn't take much effort to make it right. new interior seats re done shouldn't cost that much. It does have the raised engine hatches that clam shell. would replace with a one piece with pad.
Rick
Old 11-01-2002, 12:25 PM
Registered

anybody else
Old 11-01-2002, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Better add 5k for beer and aspirin...