Anyone ever experience this? Wierd... >

Anyone ever experience this? Wierd...

Notices

Anyone ever experience this? Wierd...

Old 11-01-2002, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Anyone ever experience this? Wierd...

Alright...
We were anchored off an island last weekend and I'm swimming in the water about 10 feet from the transom and the wife's down below getting a drink or something.

All of a sudden she comes out, with a worried look on her face and says kind of frantically "Honey, I think there's something really wrong with the boat...there's some really wierd noises from down below."

I climb aboard, and she points to the floor in the cabin between the facing couch seats...

Sure enough there's a loud tapping kind of clinking sound, but a little muffled. It was coming from inside the cabin and was getting louder. When you sat inside, it was really pronounced.

I don't know what it is and was freaking me out. I didn't think there was anything under there...

I scratched my head for about half a minute thinking what it could be when I look up and about 3/4 to 1 mile away is this huge Tanker container vessel--somewhere around 800'-1000'

It turned out to be the sonic waves traveling underwater from it's prop blades. I guess it was amplified inside the boat and went through the hull.

When you got back into the water, about neck deep, you could feel it in your body, too!

Wierd...Just relaying a strange experience.

Last edited by Baja Daze; 11-01-2002 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, I think your spending alittle to much time in the sun

All kinding aside that would have freaked me out, did you think the boat was sinking?
Old 11-01-2002, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont mean to say that your Hypothesis was wrong...But it was. What you experianced was actually experianced was "Gremlins"
Old 11-01-2002, 01:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Too funny guys! Had I been alone, I might have began thinking I was losing my mind or that it was "gremlins"...But I'm tellin' ya, for that first minute I didn't know what to think!

It's was interesting though and I forgot to mention, that when looking at the ship, when the exhaust stacks started to bellow more and more smoke(applying throttle, increasing rpm), the frequency of the sound changed with it...

It was the coolest thing...
Old 11-01-2002, 01:56 PM
Uncle Toys

Never had that experience, not sure I every will. But if I do, I'll know what it is and save myself the worry. Thanks!

Old 11-01-2002, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BAJA DAZE, you may want to go to the thread...is america turning to pot?
Old 11-01-2002, 03:05 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to get that when one of the car ferries would pass by, really spooky when your diving at night and you hear it. Sounds like the thing is right on top of you.

Les
Old 11-01-2002, 03:10 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear those type of noises all the time!! Huh, what did you say......buy the 37 AVH.....OK!! AHHHHHH the voices in my head!!! I got to stop listening to Marilyn Manson
Old 11-01-2002, 03:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Is it 4:20 yet?...

...Just Kidding.

I know, I know...I tried telling me that it's nothing, just an imagination, but then I spoke back to myself and in response, I knew it was for real.

What the hell did he just say?

LOL!
Hey, when it happens to you guys some day...you'll thank me when you know your boat's not sinking.
Old 11-01-2002, 03:41 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

"that when looking at the ship, when the exhaust stacks started to bellow more and more smoke(applying throttle, increasing rpm)"

So when the freighter got up on plane and the prop went to surface mode.. did it still make that sound??

Quick Reply: Anyone ever experience this? Wierd...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.