If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Boats:
    charlotte Mi
    I use my cabin always in my 40' has air and heat lots of room in width but not much head room....stayed over 30 nights this past summer in it....nothing neater than sleeping in a boat during a large storm.....use the marinas showers and is good.....Fred

Diamond Member #001 Charter Member C_Spray's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2000 Formula 382 with Innovation 600's
    Coastal North Carolina
    We do a lot of exploring on Chesapeake Bay, and to us the cabin is one of the best parts of our 38' Formula. We went so far as to add hot water, A/C and generator so we're completely self-sufficient if we have to be. It's all in the way you use your boat.
    Retired! Boating full-time now.

Charter Member#330 Charter Member MrCIG's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1985 38 Cigarette 2004 Formula 400SS
    We use our cabin every weekend. You don't need to have a cooking area. That what restuarants are for. Just make sure where you stay has shower facilities.
    I'm 6 feet tall and have a 38 Flat deck Cigarette 7 foot plus V berth. Works just fine.

If you like it rough do it OFFSHORE!!!

My Boats:
    24' Pantera
    Apache Jct. AZ

33 Donzi

I have been wanting that 33 Donzi for a long time!!! - I love the cabin - and it's still fast and very creature comfort in cockpit ( power dropouts - power footrests) If I had the $$$ i'd be in one right now.
    Myself - I prefer to stay on my boat - especially at Put-In-Bay. I Like to keep an eye on who's walking across my swim platform/sunpad. Also if someone decides to cast out of the raft "I"!!!! want to re-tie my boat - you can wind up next to some drunken Jag-off that won't adjust your fenders or anything.

I've also had to raft in the harbor, - storm kicked up the next morning-early - sailboat broke loose and was blowing right toward me - I was glad to be there to fend off the blow boat from mine.

Gold Member Gold Member ClassCig38's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1985 38ft flatdeck Cigarette
    I'm with "Mr. Cig" as wifey. We do use the cabin, it really is nice and comfortable after a long day out. Hook up shore power, crank up the stereo, and click on the air! All set! I agree, though, wouldn't use the micro or cooking.....have cell phone and am very good at dinner reservations! It also makes anchoring at the beach more fun....but that is a TOTALLY different story
    Chicago Powerboat Club
    T-Dock - CB Club

Walk with your own Stick,
    Dance to your own Tune,
    Think with your own Mind,
    Fly with your own Wings!

My Boats:
    1988 Cruisers 2800 Rogue
    Yea, sleeping, refrigerator, ice maker,and the head with shower and hot and cold water, screw the cooking stuff.

My Boats:
    Zodiac RIB
    Grand Haven, MI USA
    I use mine almost every other weekend. Is this what you mean?
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Boats:
    Don't even mention the word boat
    Tampa, Indian Shores Beach
    Use mine only if I drink too much and quickies. Mostly just for lines and lifejackets.

Charter Member Charter Member 32fever's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37 Outerlimits & PowerPlay 185
    Granger, IN
    Depends on how you boat. We use ours a lot. We stay at a local marina 10 minutes from our house and sleep on the boat. I'll admit I'd rather stay at home in the king size bed with a/c, but it's nice staying on the boat, too. I wouldn't want to pay for a hotel in that case. We travel a lot on Lake MI, and it's nice to stay on the boat. Saves us cashola that way. So we can spend more money on boat gas and more trips

That's the ONLY reason we'll move to another boat, more cabin room. I'll go after more speed too when we do, just cause But I could get more speed out of the current boat, can't add on cabin room, well, unless Mr Offshore puts that pop-up on cabin option my boat

Toxic FORMULA Platinum Member mopower's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula SR-1 272 t/540's
    pitman nj
    Quickies??? That must be where you got your nickname "hair trigger" .
    Slept on my 27 Formula a few times but with shore power and cable TV. Flip the air's
    You can never have too much horsepower or money...It's just hard to have both.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast