SEMA Show in Sin City!!!!! >

SEMA Show in Sin City!!!!!

Notices

SEMA Show in Sin City!!!!!

Old 11-05-2002, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SEMA Show in Sin City!!!!!

I got back at 2:00 AM from Las Vegas NV. Had to drop off a 38 Top Gun TS at the SEMA show. WOW!!! is all I can say. The show was just getting set up and it was already breathtaking. The whole town had custom cars, tow vehicles, you name it driving around. It was like "The Perfect World" for the whole day. about 50% of the cars on the road where "Show Cars", kind of bizarre driving around. Anyway, if you get a chance to Fly out and spend a few days there I can tell you it is well worth the cost of the ticket. I know that many OSO Members will be at the show.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talked to my bud this morning.....all he said was HOLY SH&% ....and exactly what you said...wish i would have gone now....
Old 11-05-2002, 04:46 PM
Registered

I have to pick the boat up Friday at noon. I am trying to find a way to sneek out on Thursday. So far I was floored by the Skater with Twin Dodge Viper Power Being towed by a 2003 Dodge Duelly 3500. SWWWEEEETT! Many Many Other toys.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:27 PM
DallasHeat

What does SEMA stand for?

DallasHeat

Old 11-05-2002, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool SEMA

Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association

This is the place to see the latest customization trends and upcoming neat stuff' for the automakers.

Ten years ago you only saw wheels and tires.

Now DVD system add-ons, suspension, motor mods etc.

If you are on the west coast go for a day.

Wannabe
Old 11-05-2002, 05:38 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

I'll be there all day Friday - (610) 496-2703.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:32 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SEMA

Originally posted by wannabe
Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association

This is the place to see the latest customization trends and upcoming neat stuff' for the automakers.

Ten years ago you only saw wheels and tires.

Now DVD system add-ons, suspension, motor mods etc.

If you are on the west coast go for a day.

Wannabe
It's actually Specialty Equipment Market Association, and the website for SEMA is www.sema.org. It's not just for manufacturers, in fact, many of the warehouse distributors are larger than the companies that make the products.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:51 PM
Devil's Island

Default Re: Re: SEMA

Originally posted by 32fever
It's actually Specialty Equipment Market Association, and the website for SEMA is www.sema.org. It's not just for manufacturers, in fact, many of the warehouse distributors are larger than the companies that make the products.
And the traditional Warehouse distributors ALL fear the business model of Atech Motorsports (ie. Summit Racing Equipment).

When you see the Summit guys at shows like SEMA and PRI you would swear if they were to stop abruptly in an aisle, you would need a team of proctologists to extract some of the Manufacturer's heads out of Summit guy's asses.

Competition Specialties in Washington even goes as far as the use "CSI Superheros" often depicted doing battle with the "evil mail-order giants" like Atech and Buckeye Sales (ie. JEGS)...

Funny stuff.

Old 11-05-2002, 09:06 PM
Registered

It's only a matter of the manufactures letting their product lines get distorted by the mail order companies. These guys are in business to make money just like the rest of us. If you could get rid of your competition wouldn't you ?
Old 11-05-2002, 09:23 PM
Devil's Island

Originally posted by RumRunner
It's only a matter of the manufactures letting their product lines get distorted by the mail order companies. These guys are in business to make money just like the rest of us. If you could get rid of your competition wouldn't you ?
Distorted? Trust me.

From a manufacturing perspective, mail-order houses like Summit are where the big purchase orders come from. Oncemore, Summit is extremely easy to deal with.

The main reason your traditional warehouses absolutely hate mail-order is Summit has eliminated a step out of the traditional three step distribution network. They pass a percent of that savings to the consumer and ship without headache to the end-users doorstep.

Meanwhile, the traditional warehouse is refering consumer sales to a retailer who inevitabley does not have the product in immediate stock.

Quick Reply: SEMA Show in Sin City!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.