Notices

OT/Cock Fighting

Old 11-04-2002, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are they atleast going to have weight classes to make it even?
Old 11-04-2002, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have no interest in Cockfighting But see no harm in it. And could care less, I think the problem here in this Country is we lead a real “sterilized life” That our forefathers worked hard and bled for! We shop at the Store and buy Chicken already partially processed Like Boned Chicken Breast per Example. BTW Check out how those chickens were Raised!

Quick story; when I lived abroad there were Chicken stores with Live Chickens in Cages, You pick out your Bird/Birds (got real good at picking out tasty ones) and they would Slit their throat bleed them and remove the head feet and toss them into a Mechanized plucker and Presto.

Two minutes later out the Door with my Dinner! Home one minute later, A Shower and my Wife had the meal in the table with fresh vegetables 15 minutes FLAT now there is a vast difference in store and fresh!

Look what I am saying is we are loosing touch with reality everything is made to appear neat and clean, we are forgetting REALITY!

Maybe we Release the Lobsters Also LOL
Old 11-04-2002, 09:10 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Believe me, I'm no tree hugger or bleeding heart liberal. I hunt and fish, but I can't see how anyone could enjoy this. Anyone that has seen animals fight to the death knows how horrible it can be. Here in Florida, they have fought chickens and dogs for generations, dog fighting is even worse. If I EVER found where a dog fight was taking place, I'd call every law enforcement agency I could find, and go there armed myself to stop it. I have two Pitbulls, and I know they would fight with another dog if they were put in that position, and one dog would die. I can't see someone getting jollies from seeing these loyal, loving dogs maim and kill each other. It reminds me of some of the rednecks up where I hunt hogs (with my dogs), they try to prove how tough they are by putting there dogs on big, mean hogs. My dogs catch hogs too, because they love it, and I love it, but I make every effort to protect them with kevlar vests and collars. Many of their dogs get killed and cut badly.

The difference between boxing and animal fighting, is the boxer is there by choice, in the animal it is instinct.

I know this topic was about chickens, but it pushes a button with me.

With all that being said, I think the government would find a better way of spending time and effort.

Here is the protection for my dogs.
Attached Thumbnails OT/Cock Fighting-sized.jpg  
Old 11-04-2002, 10:02 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

"bullet proof" vests for dogs.. <shakin head> who would have ever guessed...
Old 11-05-2002, 07:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Live and let live...

Our world is too sugar-coated as it is...

I am not, nor would I be a participant in that sort of activity, but for those that are: Have at it. We dive into more and more isolation from the rest of the world everyday...Some people really should get out and see what the rest of the world is like.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Baja Daze
Live and let live...

Our world is too sugar-coated as it is...

I am not, nor would I be a participant in that sort of activity, but for those that are: Have at it. We dive into more and more isolation from the rest of the world everyday...Some people really should get out and see what the rest of the world is like.
[
/QUOTE]
thats because we are more civilized than most of the world, this kind of stuff has no place in a modern country, sorry
Old 11-05-2002, 07:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Civility is often confused with over-governed...

Were we not civilized 10, 20, 30 years ago?...All that's occurring every day is the advent of more restrictive laws and more intrusion into our everyday lives...
Old 11-05-2002, 08:27 AM
TulsaLarry

Well, I just voted against the proposal to make cock fighting illegal. I think cock fighting is a stupid form of entertainment, but I also feel it does less damage to our society than does PETA.
If I voted for this legislation it would help give PETA another foot in the door to propose more restrictive laws against hunting, fishing or other areas most people could not imagine.

Old 11-05-2002, 09:21 AM
Registered

Originally posted by cuda
Believe me, I'm no tree hugger or bleeding heart liberal. I hunt and fish, but I can't see how anyone could enjoy this.
We need to be very careful. Maybe we can't see how anyone enjoys this, remember we do not want to regulate what someone else enjoys. The tree huggers will say "I don't know why anyone enjoys going faster than 30 mph in their boat, so we should not allow it." Then they will say that these high performance boaters are using too much gas increasing our dependence on the the middle east. They're also burning hole in the ozone with all those emmisions. We should regulate all boats so they don't use more than 5 gph. We should also institute pollution controls that are even more strict then those in the automotive industry. Boating is entertainment so people really don't need it. Even if you don't agree with cock fighting we need to support those people, at least that way the tree huggers will have something else to focus on instead of moving on to the next victum.
This crap needs to stop or one day it will affect one of your passions as it already is in FL and possibly in NJ.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That's exactly my point Mr_Velocity. Thanks!
Everyone enjoys and does different things.

This silly cock-fighting for example...is very well rooted deep in some cultures. Not mine, but others.

I fish and have hunted...However, there are some people would want nothing more than to abolish that sort of behavior...

Your boating analogy is perfect. Some people out there think the worst of us. After all, what's all this senseless speed and gas-guzzling all about? Do you really need another 400 horsepower?

Think people...The more you regulate certain recreational behaviors out of existance(that's been around a lot longer than any of us)...the worse our way of life will become.

What's next?...These are all stepping stones for special interest. They will get bored and start screwing some other sport when this is completed.

Like I've said before...It's not something on my list of favorite activities, I wouldn't even think of attending, but it is for some.

*Good choice, Tulsa Larry

I think I'll have a chicken sandwich for lunch today!!!
Attached Thumbnails OT/Cock Fighting-1.jpg  

Quick Reply: OT/Cock Fighting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.