Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   differential broke at 60,000 miles (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36380-differential-broke-60-000-miles.html)

Reed Jensen 04-24-2004 01:04 AM

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw
I've got an 01' Dodge 2500 Quad Cab/8 ft. bed, 4x4, V-10, 4:10 gears, HD everything, rated to tow 12,700. Gas mileage is only about 1/1.5 mpg difference than my 99 Dodge 1500 360 4x4, 3.55 gears.

My only complaint is the tranny. Did the "infamous" won't shift down into low gear after coming to a stop issue at 53,000 miles.

Over 63,000 on the original Michelins and still got some left.

Tows my 89' 311 Formula and doesn't know it's back there.

The windshield corner "pillars" are too damn wide. It's amazing what you don't see behind them. I do a lot of head bobbing after almost pulling out in front of bikes, running over pedestrians, little things like that. Hell a bus can hide behind that thing. Guess the new ones are smaller.

Except for the tranny issue it's been a good truck. Oh yeah, it does not rattle at all.

Why doesn't the tranny shift down into first gear?... did you forget to depress the clutch pedal?... or forget to put the shift lever in your right hand?.........OHHHH.... you aren't driving a "girly" truck with an automatic are you?.....:confused:

31American Offshr 04-24-2004 09:41 AM

I worked for Dodge for 9 years and the most common problems are the pinion bearings overheat and fail or the fluid burns up from not being changed. When peaple have problems with as low of miles as you have call Chrysler customer service and scream and ***** and they usually warranty it under good faith. Just give them the run around about buying a chevy or a ford and they usually get moving. Good luck

Formula Outlaw 04-24-2004 09:41 AM

Originally posted by Reed Jensen
Why doesn't the tranny shift down into first gear?... did you forget to depress the clutch pedal?... or forget to put the shift lever in your right hand?.........OHHHH.... you aren't driving a "girly" truck with an automatic are you?.....:confused:
LOL, yes it's a "girlie" automatic.

It's the transducer solenoid and something else, I posted it somewhere else, that goes out on them. Turned out to be a "cash cow" for Dodge so they never fixed them.

Formula Outlaw 04-24-2004 09:43 AM

Actually, I think the last manual trans I owned was my SPG Turbo Saab. I would never have an "auto" in a performance/sports car.

If I had a diesel, I would think seriously about the six speed manual.

R Addiction 04-25-2004 08:40 AM

Originally posted by CAP071
Shouldn't You be at a local bar now ? :D
Can't get much more local then my own personnal bar!!!;) Unless of course your talkin' about Delilahs?;)