Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who built this? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/36419-who-built.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-20-2005 07:21 PM

Re: Who built this?

1 Attachment(s)
Designer is correct. Not the same manufacturer from what I am told...
Need a better look at the bottom?

Fraid Not was not this boat. This boat was never raced....at least that is what I am told.

I believe the year it was built was 97 or 98...

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-20-2005 07:35 PM

Harry Scholl design(sorry about the spelling) or Cougar and it had a unique drive system on it called the Pulse Drive. The drive builder is still marketing those drives and he is out of the Pompano area on the east coast of Florida. I think that boat ran under the name "Frayed Knot".

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-20-2005 07:37 PM

I think the owners cleaned up in Pt Pleasant one year for the spring SBI race years back.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-20-2005 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Ok, now here comes the hint.

I was told it was never raced. The racers had it built and paid for but never came to take delivery... :confused:
It has sat ever since..... :(

Again.......The boat was never raced and was not built by a company named Infinity Boats

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-20-2005 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The boat was an all Epoxy lay up.

Don't let the look of a beak throw you off.... :eek:

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-20-2005 08:01 PM

If this boat was never raced it must have been a Pop of of the Infiniti by Harry that was "Frayed Knot". Myself and Bod G. visited Pulse Drive 2yrs ago and saw the drive and plenty of pictures of the boat. Remember Bobby G.???

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-20-2005 08:05 PM

It is not a splash...

Another company manufactured this boat and still is in business today.

Several good hints in this thread.

One boat that was raced, (non-canopy) is actually an OSO member's alias. :drink: This (non-canopy) offshore race boat was repowered with a new 625hp fuel injected motor and a new Bravo XR drive.

Fast Shafts 03-20-2005 08:16 PM

OK Tim, I give up. Iv'e got a broshure from "Pulse Drive", and the photo you posted looks identicle (especially the canopy) to "Fraid Knot".
So what "manufacture" made is it ???

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-20-2005 08:22 PM

It should look identical. Schoell designed it... ;)
This pic was taken Feb 27, 2005 and to this day the boat was never rigged. So it cannot be Fraid Knot.
Unless the seller isn't being up front with the buyer? :rolleyes:
The buyer states it was never put in the water. It sat since it was built.

If this turns out to be a boat that was raced, well then I would like to inform the buyer. I will have him look for the HIN.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-20-2005 08:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The same manufacturer builds this: